ABC sticks it to GA security...

Old March 16th 05, 04:16 PM
Dave Butler

Blueskies wrote:

I can understand the special treatment in front of the airline counter, but the TSA running the passenger screening is a
government agency.

.... and the government is anxious to please the airlines.
Old March 16th 05, 11:02 PM
John Galban

Blueskies wrote:

I can understand the special treatment in front of the airline

counter, but the TSA running the passenger screening is a
government agency.

Last year the TSA started a frequent traveller program at some of the
larger airports. Basically, you have to get pre-screened, give them a
thumb print or retina scan, and you get to use the fast lane.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old March 17th 05, 12:30 AM
Jay Beckman

Blueskies wrote:

I can understand the special treatment in front of the airline

counter, but the TSA running the passenger screening is a
government agency.

Last year the TSA started a frequent traveller program at some of the
larger airports. Basically, you have to get pre-screened, give them a
thumb print or retina scan, and you get to use the fast lane.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Minneapolis was one of the airports where they were trying it out and I was
told that it failed miserably. Nobody trusted the government with the
information required for the background check.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old March 17th 05, 12:33 AM
Jay Beckman

"Blueskies" wrote in message
. com...
I can understand the special treatment in front of the airline counter, but
the TSA running the passenger screening is a government agency.

Usually, the premiere line only bypasses the general security line but then
melds back in right before you get to the xray equipment.

Vegas was an exception...the silver/gold/platinum line for America West went
to it's own separate equipment and did not mix you in with everyong else. I
don't think I've ever seen that anywhere else. Perhaps it's just another
case where what happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas! ;O)

Jay B

Old March 17th 05, 12:34 AM
Jay Beckman

"Mike 'Flyin'8'" wrote in message
Sounds like a good excuse for an IFR ticket and Multi-Rating.... Heck,
might even push the envelope and buy a twin while your at it. As a
pilot, you're rich.... At least that is what I hear about us
pilots...

Hehe, yeah. I keep waiting to find that spare million I left stashed in my
"other suit."

Jay B

Old March 17th 05, 02:16 AM
John Galban

Blueskies wrote:

Where do I sign up?

I don't think you can. The pilot program started last June and the
initial participants were frequent flyers chosen by the airlines. BTW
- under this program, you still have to go through a security
screening, you're just exempt from any secondary screening (i.e. take
off your shoes, pull down your pants and bend over).

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old March 17th 05, 06:49 AM
Montblack

("Jay Beckman" wrote)
Hehe, yeah. I keep waiting to find that spare million I left stashed in
my "other suit."

Hop in your way-back machine...

Buy $5,000 of Amazon.com or Yahoo around 1996 or 1997.
Sell in Jan 2000. Move money into money market fund. Buy post-bankrupt
K-mart in 2003. Sell it yesterday.

There's your million - net.

Montblack

Old March 17th 05, 07:04 AM
Jay Beckman

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Jay Beckman" wrote)
Hehe, yeah. I keep waiting to find that spare million I left stashed in
my "other suit."

Hop in your way-back machine...

Buy $5,000 of Amazon.com or Yahoo around 1996 or 1997.
Sell in Jan 2000. Move money into money market fund. Buy post-bankrupt
K-mart in 2003. Sell it yesterday.

There's your million - net.

Montblack

A little Martha Stewart Media in the mix about 5 months ago would have added
a few extra sheckles too...sheesh.

Jay

Old March 17th 05, 07:43 PM
George Patterson

Montblack wrote:

Sell in Jan 2000. Move money into money market fund.

Better make sure that fund is heavy on bonds. Some money market funds were
losing 20% a quarter in 2002.

George Patterson
I prefer Heaven for climate but Hell for company.