Maintenance Costs/Hangar Costs

Old May 22nd 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Maintenance Costs/Hangar Costs

I am wondering if somebody out there can give me some real world numbers
on how much their maintenance costs are for a Cessna 340 and 414. I
don't care if it has the RAM conversion or not. A good friend of mine is
starting a charter company and wants to have numbers to put in the
business plan.

I am also wondering how much hangar rentals are for the 500 series
Cessnas.

Thanks
Aaron
Old May 22nd 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"aml" wrote in message ...
I am also wondering how much hangar rentals are for the 500 series
Cessnas.

Thanks Aaron

The hangar rental is going to depend on where the aircraft is going to
be stored. Hangar rentals range from $25.00 per month up to $500.00 per
month
and even higher depending on the demand.
Here in SC we have the entire price range depending on the airport.
Florida, California and towns surrounding NYC are higher than lets say
a small town in the middle of PA, Ohio, Nebraska, Montana.
Call your local airport office to ask if there is a waiting list and how
long if any.
Many big city airports have 2-4 years waiting lists.

David

Old May 22nd 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

You can figure on about $500-600/hr to run a 414, depending on what shape
it's in when you get it.
A decent hangar (heated, running water, bathroom, paved epoxy floor, good
lighting) in our area of the Midwest would be around $500/month.

Old May 23rd 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"Viperdoc" wrote:

You can figure on about $500-600/hr to run a 414, depending on what shape
it's in when you get it.
A decent hangar (heated, running water, bathroom, paved epoxy floor, good
lighting) in our area of the Midwest would be around $500/month.

Thanks ViperDoc. You are the first one to give me some ballpark numbers.

Aaron
Old May 23rd 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I live pretty close to MTW, and own a pretty big hangar (80x70), with all of
the amenities, like a nice air conditioned buildout, running water, epoxy
floor and lots of light.

If someone in a Lear or Citation wanted to rent space I would probably
charge them $1200-1500 a month. The FBO charges around 1200 for their mass
hangar, although they do offer pull out service.

I looked pretty hard at buying a 414, but ended up buying the new hangar,
which was a better investment, since there is no other land available to
build a new place. The 414's burn around 35gph, so around $450-550/hour
seems pretty close.

Old May 23rd 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"from $25.00 per month up to $500.00 per
month"

That IS CHEAP! I was paying $450 /mo 15 years ago, at Long Island MacArthur
airport, for my Seneca's T hangar.