Best Soaring Simulator??

Old May 23rd 18, 09:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

Default Best Soaring Simulator??

On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 5:38:26 PM UTC+1, Anry Marchen wrote:
Does anybody here own old SFS PC 3.0 Soaring Sim for Dos? It seems to be complete abandonware now?

Is there something you want from SFS which isn't included in Condor 2? Please contact me if so.

Chris
Condor Team
Old June 14th 18, 08:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Am Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2018 10:39:27 UTC+2 schrieb Chris Wedgwood:
On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 5:38:26 PM UTC+1, Anry Marchen wrote:
Does anybody here own old SFS PC 3.0 Soaring Sim for Dos? It seems to be complete abandonware now?

Is there something you want from SFS which isn't included in Condor 2? Please contact me if so.

Chris
Condor Team

Condor is really good, but it´s a Multiplayer Simulator. Single Player mode like SFS or Silent Wings is completly missing. I would like to fligh Tasks/comps against a certain number of AI aicrafts with adjustable skills like in SFS which was perfect. And a timelapse mode for that like in sfs would be great as well. I don´t want to sit 2-3 Hours in front of the pc for one task.
That would be the main wishes bisides self lauchners :-)

This is the main reason why I often go for a SFS session besides the fact that I´m a c1 and c2 owner :-)

BR, Michael
Old June 14th 18, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Op donderdag 14 juni 2018 09:42:47 UTC+2 schreef :
[...]

Single player competitions are indeed lacking in Condor 1 and 2. It would be a challenge for the dev team to put into the game, but definitely interesting to fly against AI
Old June 14th 18, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

I have to weigh in here and clarify what you guys are saying.

Condor DOES have single player mode.

It does not have AI planes.

Chris
Condor Team

Old June 15th 18, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Manley[_3_]

Other options in Condor:

Set up and fly a task in Free Flight (single player mode).

Save the flight as a "Flight Track".

Re-fly the flight selecting (checking the box in front of) your saved 1st flight as a Ghost on the NOTAM tab of the flight planner. You will now essentially be flying the task along with yourself. Try beating yourself around the course. It is not as easy as one might expect. Whether you succeed or not, save the 2nd flight as an addtioan "Flight Track" (use a different file name), and fly the task again, using both Ghosts. Try making other in-flight decisions and compare the results. As you improve, it becomes increasingly difficult to beat yourself around the course.

Option 2:
Send your flight plan to one or more Condor friends, have them fly the task, save their flight as a flight track, and return their flight track file to you. You can then attempt to beat them around the course and vice versa. The poor person's Multi-player mode.

Enjoy.

Scott Manley CFIG - a.k.a. "The Condor Guy"