Glider Re-finishing

Old January 2nd 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian K

Default Glider Re-finishing

Can anyone give a comparison between Glider Service in Slovenia, and
Refinish in Poland?

Costs are within spitting distance, so looking for ease of communication,
quality of finish, follow up service and all those other things that make
you choose a over b.

Cheers

Ian K

Old January 2nd 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ray Lovinggood

Ian,

No, I can't, but contact me at my e-mail address.
I'm interested in a refinish, too.

Thanks,
Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Old January 2nd 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Udo

Ian K wrote:
Can anyone give a comparison between Glider Service in Slovenia, and
Refinish in Poland?

Costs are within spitting distance, so looking for ease of communication,
quality of finish, follow up service and all those other things that make
you choose a over b.

Cheers

Ian K

The transportation cost would the deciding factor.
If it is with RO/RO plus pick up and delivery service,
the cost will be far less to go to Poland. There are no RO/RO
ports in the south. Container service is most likely more to Slovenia
as well.
The Group in Slovenia has a very good reputation.

To ship a container from Montreal to Breamerhaven for example will be
$US 1750.00,
return would be about $US 2750.00, plus Blocking and incidental costs.
Add 25% to get it to Poland and back.
Udo

Old January 3rd 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
--=JJay=--

Ian K napisał(a):
Can anyone give a comparison between Glider Service in Slovenia, and
Refinish in Poland?

Costs are within spitting distance, so looking for ease of communication,
quality of finish, follow up service and all those other things that make
you choose a over b.

have you tried to contact guys from http://www.refinish.biz ? I'm sure
that they are doing high quality service.
I can't find any web page of Slovenian glider services! Can anyone help
me in finding one?

regards
--
--=JJay=--
www.aeroklub.deblin.pl, www.klubkm.pl, my photos on airliners.net -
Old January 3rd 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Simon Waddell

http://www.gliderservice-novak.si/ht...a/glavna_e.htm

Based on personal experience, excellent service.

Old January 4th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
--=JJay=--

Simon Waddell napisał(a):
http://www.gliderservice-novak.si/ht...a/glavna_e.htm

Based on personal experience, excellent service.

Thanks for that link.

regards
Old January 4th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hans

Try also http://www.aerospool.sk

I had a St. Cirrus done there many years ago, and last winter my Ventus.

--=JJay=-- schrieb:
Ian K napisał(a):
Can anyone give a comparison between Glider Service in Slovenia, and
Refinish in Poland?

Costs are within spitting distance, so looking for ease of
communication, quality of finish, follow up service and all those
other things that make you choose a over b.

have you tried to contact guys from http://www.refinish.biz ? I'm sure
that they are doing high quality service.
I can't find any web page of Slovenian glider services! Can anyone help
me in finding one?

regards

Aerodynamics of carrying water Gene Whitt Soaring 54 October 19th 05 07:24 PM
Bad publicity David Starer Soaring 18 March 8th 04 04:57 PM
"I Want To FLY!"-(Youth) My store to raise funds for flying lessons Curtl33 General Aviation 7 January 10th 04 12:35 AM
I wish I'd never got into this... Kevin Neave Soaring 32 September 19th 03 12:18 PM
Restricting Glider Ops at Public Arpt. rjciii Soaring 36 August 25th 03 04:50 PM