3 1/8" altimeter needed

Old February 4th 12, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default 3 1/8" altimeter needed

My mechanical Altimeter is not working properly and I am looking to
replace it. Does anyone out there have one they would like to sell?

Regards,
Brad
Old February 5th 12, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_37_]

On Feb 3, 11:19*pm, Brad wrote:
My mechanical Altimeter is not working properly and I am looking to
replace it. Does anyone out there have one they would like to sell?

Regards,
Brad

I have one that says Beechcraft on the front.
Also and older Winter that would require a different panel cutout than
usual.

Mike
Old February 5th 12, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

On Feb 4, 12:19*am, Brad wrote:
My mechanical Altimeter is not working properly and I am looking to
replace it. Does anyone out there have one they would like to sell?

Regards,
Brad

There are literally a hundred altimeters for sale on eBay. Caveat
emptor.
Old February 5th 12, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz

Brad, if you are ever thinking of installing a transponder at some point I would suggest that you go to an instrument shop and getting a overhauled and certified unit. Many used altimeters out of calibration will not pass a transponder check.
Old February 7th 12, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

I have plenty of new, overhauled and used instruments here including several
types of altimeters all in stock all the time.
Just be very careful buying older used instruments like ASI's VSI's and
Altimeters, many contain radium paint on the dials and with the recent
restrictions normally cannot be repaired and legally cannot even be shipped
anymore....most repair shops will even charge you for disposal if you send
them in for repair. Even if the dials do not glow in the dark this is not
necessarily an indication if they do or do not have radium dials. This small
bit of radium isn't likely to cause cancer or make you lose your manhood,
but it is like with so many new regulations gonna cost you if they are found
to be improperly disposed of.
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

database 6865 (20120207) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6865 (20120207) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old February 7th 12, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I have a Winter that is calibrated to 3,000 feet per revolution of the big
hand. Pulled it 20 years ago when I got my first LS-6. Make an offer...

Old February 8th 12, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Feb 3, 10:19*pm, Brad wrote:
My mechanical Altimeter is not working properly and I am looking to
replace it. Does anyone out there have one they would like to sell?

Regards,
Brad

Thanks for all the replies to this thread. I ended up buying a new
unit from Tim at W&W that will drop right in and replace the broken
one.

Anyone want a "repairable" Wultrad altimeter?

Brad
Old February 8th 12, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jim wynhoff

On Feb 7, 10:02*pm, Brad wrote:
On Feb 3, 10:19*pm, Brad wrote:

My mechanical Altimeter is not working properly and I am looking to
replace it. Does anyone out there have one they would like to sell?

Regards,
Brad

Thanks for all the replies to this thread. I ended up buying a new
unit from Tim at W&W that will drop right in and replace the broken
one.

Anyone want a "repairable" Wultrad altimeter?

Brad

Brad,
I'd really like it, if for no other reason than to show my grandkids
this insides.