Dick Marlow's accident in July 2003

Old January 25th 04, 05:00 AM
rkane33

Default Dick Marlow's accident in July 2003

Does anyone have updates on the family's condition. (Couldn't find this
discussed through Google)

I met Dick on my way to the Arlington Washington Airshow in 2002. He was
very kind to me and let me stay on his property at the Grass Valley
Airport.

I lost the card he gave me which had his website address
http://www.themarlows.com/ and had always wanted to thank him.

Tonight I found his card and found out he died in an airplane accident. His
wife was hospitalized. Don't know what happened to
Piper his dog. I took morning walk with Dick and Piper after we listened to
the National Anthem at his hanger which he said always
made him feel great each morning. He was very proud of his property and
walked me around it introducing me to the neighbors as we walked.

I came back from my trip inspired and very thankful to be a fellow pilot.

His energy and enthusiasm for flying will stay with me for the rest of my
flying days.

Rest in Peace Dick.

Let me know if there is something I can do.. I didn't find an E-mail address
on the family website.

John

Old January 25th 04, 03:53 PM
James Robinson

rkane33 wrote:

Does anyone have updates on the family's condition. (Couldn't find this
discussed through Google)

You can find a fair amount about the family on this web site, which is a
tribute to his life:

http://www.silverstatenews.com/newss...eople/marlows/
Old January 25th 04, 06:10 PM
rkane33

Thanks, that had the information I was looking for. He did have a very full
life.

John

Old July 5th 10, 06:27 PM
KLM KLM is offline
Junior Member

John,

Read your post yesterday regarding Dick Marlow.

It was 7 years yesterday that Dick passed away in an airplane crash, he is always remembered and deeply missed on the 4th of July. Dick was my father-in-law and you were right in your description, he was a great guy. I just happened to Google his name yesterday and came up with this post.

Here is an update. My mother-in-law, Bev, was in the hospital for 4 months after the crash and we brought her home and provided live in help for the next year. She made a pretty good recovery but is now in assisted living due to dementia.

Piper was in the airplane and survived the crash. She appeared in the shade under one of the rescue helicopters after the crash. She lived with Bev until Bev moved to assisted living. Piper is happily living with my husband and I for the last year and continues to go for walks most days on the airport with us. She is a wonderful reminder of all that we loved about Dick.

My husband, Bruce, has been a pilot since the mid 70's and shared the love of aviation with his father. Given that I enjoyed the mode of transportation that flying offers, to fill the void of a fellow pilot that my husband loss with his father, and I wanted to know what was going on in the cockpit I decided to get my pilot's license. I have been a licensed pilot now for 3 and a half years. The more I fly the more I love it.

I hope this reaches you, I realize it has been a long time coming. Thank you for your heart felt post.

Karyl

Last edited by KLM : July 5th 10 at 06:49 PM.