SAVE

Old October 24th 14, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy

Default SAVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srNTtuTqUBE

Surfing Aircraft Vortices for Energy

Interesting piece from Boeing Aircraft

Next summer when KS goes past me in his Duo Discus I think I am going to try this technique to keep up.
Old October 24th 14, 11:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:09:20 PM UTC-4, Nick Kennedy wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srNTtuTqUBE

Surfing Aircraft Vortices for Energy

Interesting piece from Boeing Aircraft

Next summer when KS goes past me in his Duo Discus I think I am going to try this technique to keep up.

Hey Nick, John Seymour and I have done such many years ago in our ASW-20's. One would position his glider behind lead about 100 feet, level in altitude and with the wing tip behind leads spoiler. Sure enough, the guy behind slowly moves forward and has enough energy to pass under or over. Lead is now number two and can repeat the same thing in a sort of grown ups leap frog..

KS
Old October 24th 14, 12:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult[_2_]

On 2014-10-24 10:34:02 +0000, Karl Striedieck said:

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:09:20 PM UTC-4, Nick Kennedy wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srNTtuTqUBE

Surfing Aircraft Vortices for Energy

Interesting piece from Boeing Aircraft

Next summer when KS goes past me in his Duo Discus I think I am going
to try this technique to keep up.

Hey Nick, John Seymour and I have done such many years ago in our
ASW-20's. One would position his glider behind lead about 100 feet,
level in altitude and with the wing tip behind leads spoiler. Sure
enough, the guy behind slowly moves forward and has enough energy to
pass under or over. Lead is now number two and can repeat the same
thing in a sort of grown ups leap frog.

Grown ups leap frog is something else entirely!

Old October 25th 14, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Wow! Now if you put a smoke canister into the appropriate wingtip, you would be able to see where the good air is.
Heinz

On Friday, October 24, 2014 3:34:03 AM UTC-7, Karl Striedieck wrote:

Hey Nick, John Seymour and I have done such many years ago in our ASW-20's. One would position his glider behind lead about 100 feet, level in altitude and with the wing tip behind leads spoiler. Sure enough, the guy behind slowly moves forward and has enough energy to pass under or over. Lead is now number two and can repeat the same thing in a sort of grown ups leap frog.

KS

Save the Red Arrows Bravo Two Zero Piloting 3 March 2nd 07 04:45 PM
Successful save! .Blueskies. Piloting 5 October 9th 06 11:51 AM
Save your world Timmy Ferrell Simulators 0 November 26th 05 03:26 PM
A good save here . T Bird Naval Aviation 0 September 30th 05 04:50 PM
Save The Lut Daniel General Aviation 0 December 7th 03 06:46 PM