Best looking airliner?

Old December 12th 03, 02:11 PM
Andrew Burke

Default Best looking airliner?

I'm sure this has probably been asked before.
For me, it's the Vickers Super VC10, followed closely by the Boeing 727-200.

Andy

Old December 13th 03, 11:37 AM
Steve

Andrew Burke wrote:
I'm sure this has probably been asked before.
For me, it's the Vickers Super VC10, followed closely by the Boeing 727-200.

Andy

Concorde - end of story. All the others are boring.

Old December 14th 03, 02:27 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article , Steve
wrote:

Andrew Burke wrote:
I'm sure this has probably been asked before.
For me, it's the Vickers Super VC10, followed closely by the Boeing 727-200.

Andy

Concorde - end of story. All the others are boring.

Lockheed Constellation series -- not a straight line on the fuselage --
all swooping curves.
Old December 14th 03, 05:08 AM
Margy Natalie

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article , Steve
wrote:

Andrew Burke wrote:
I'm sure this has probably been asked before.
For me, it's the Vickers Super VC10, followed closely by the Boeing 727-200.

Andy

Concorde - end of story. All the others are boring.

Lockheed Constellation series -- not a straight line on the fuselage --
all swooping curves.

Stratoliner

Old December 15th 03, 06:58 PM
Steve Robertson

Constellation. There is no substitute. A distant second would be DH Comet with
those neat-o engine nacelles.

Steve Robertson
N4732J 1967 Beechcraft A23-24 Musketeer

Old December 15th 03, 08:30 PM
Don Tuite

DC-3

Don
Old December 15th 03, 09:30 PM
Mick Tully

"Steve" wrote in message
Andrew Burke wrote:
I'm sure this has probably been asked before.
For me, it's the Vickers Super VC10, followed closely by the Boeing

727-200.

Andy

Concorde - end of story. All the others are boring.

Concorde anagram:

The supersonic aeroplane Concorde =
An epoch is up, record one last encore...

Old December 16th 03, 12:50 AM
Vern

Don Tuite wrote in
:

DC-3

Don

I second that truth.
Old December 16th 03, 01:53 AM
RobertR237

In article e.rogers.com,
Vern writes:

DC-3

Don

I second that truth.

I don't know that it was the best looking but damn I loved flying in it,
especially in thunderstorms. Those wimps on rollercoasters don't know what
real fun is. My first time ever to fly was in a DC-3 over central Texas during
a bad thunderstorm. I loved it and was hooked on flying from then on. Damn
what a rush!

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)