Best looking airliner?

Old December 16th 03, 08:07 PM
Mick Tully

"Mick Tully" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
Andrew Burke wrote:
I'm sure this has probably been asked before.
For me, it's the Vickers Super VC10, followed closely by the Boeing

727-200.

Concorde
VC-10 (The beautiful tail reminds me of a whale's)
Comet 4
De Havilland Rapide.

How did you know I'm British? ;-)

Old December 16th 03, 09:57 PM
Dave

"Mick Tully" wrote in message

"Mick Tully" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
Andrew Burke wrote:
I'm sure this has probably been asked before.
For me, it's the Vickers Super VC10, followed closely by the Boeing

727-200.

Concorde
VC-10 (The beautiful tail reminds me of a whale's)
Comet 4
De Havilland Rapide.

How did you know I'm British? ;-)

If you include the VC 10 then make it the Super VC 10 which is just a touch
more elegant with its longer fuselage

Old December 17th 03, 10:16 PM
Geoff Miller

Don Tuite writes:

DC-3

Historically significant, perhaps (to put it mildly).
But good-looking, much less *best* looking?

Personally, I'd go with the Concorde, hands down.
If there's an "Other Than the Concorde" category,
my nomination would be the VC10.

Geoff

--
"Why _not_ go to war just for oil?" -- Ann Coulter

Old January 9th 04, 11:40 PM
DBurch7672

Concorde - end of story. All the others are boring.

What about the TU-144; (or is it TOO "indentical-twin"-ish? Or that SST Boeing
was going to build in the 1960's? Or the "Sonic Cruiser" they were going to
build until a few months ago?

Old January 9th 04, 11:42 PM
DBurch7672

Just to go to the OTHER extreme: WHAI is/was the "b-tt ugliest" airliner?

Old January 21st 04, 12:09 AM
Geoff Miller

DBurch7672 writes:

Just to go to the OTHER extreme: WHAI is/was the "b-tt ugliest"
airliner?

Hands down, the Breguet Deux Ponts/Sahara.

Photos from airliners.net: http://tinyurl.com/2t8po

(Scroll down; there are several photos.)

Geoff

--
"Some friends and me were on break at work today when Paul
wondered if anyone ever stacked dead dogs like firewood."

Old January 21st 04, 04:04 AM
Scott Skylane

Geoff Miller wrote:
DBurch7672 writes:

Just to go to the OTHER extreme: WHAI is/was the "b-tt ugliest"
airliner?

Hands down, the Breguet Deux Ponts/Sahara.

Photos from airliners.net: http://tinyurl.com/2t8po

(Scroll down; there are several photos.)

Geoff

Wow, that's an airplane only a mother could love!

Interestingly, on the same page are pictures of one of the BEST looking
airliners of all time, the mighty Douglas DC-6! Her classic lines are
simple, elegant, timeless.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

Old January 21st 04, 11:51 PM
Dale

In article ,
Scott Skylane wrote:

Interestingly, on the same page are pictures of one of the BEST looking
airliners of all time, the mighty Douglas DC-6! Her classic lines are
simple, elegant, timeless.

Now I wonder just WHY you like the DC-6. G

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html
Old January 22nd 04, 04:50 AM
Scott Skylane

Dale wrote:
In article ,
Scott Skylane wrote:

Interestingly, on the same page are pictures of one of the BEST looking
airliners of all time, the mighty Douglas DC-6! Her classic lines are
simple, elegant, timeless.

Now I wonder just WHY you like the DC-6. G

I assure you, sir, that my opinions are based solely on rational,
unemotional, non-biased studies of the aesthetic qualities of airline
transport-type aircraft! I am appalled you would imply any ulterior
motives for my humble obsevations

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane