Soaring Club in Naples FL?

Old September 13th 04, 03:07 AM
Mike Schumann

Default Soaring Club in Naples FL?

Does anyone know if there is a Soaring Club near Naples FL?

Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann

Old September 13th 04, 01:03 PM
Ventus B

"Mike Schumann" wrote in message . ..
Does anyone know if there is a Soaring Club near Naples FL?

Thanks,

Not sure about the Naples area, but there is the "Miami Glider Club"
that flies off a grass strip off of Krome Avenue just north of
Homestead.
There is also a commercial operation where you could buy a tow that
flies out of Homestead General.
I drive up from Key West to do my flying, so I expect your drive would
be no worse than mine.
Respectfully,
Old September 13th 04, 02:04 PM
Joseph L. Hyde

Someone bought an L-13 from one of our club members. I believe it was
heading to the Naples area for a start up commercial operation. I also
heard through the grapevine that it was destroyed by hurricane charley.
This is not confirmed.

Thke Care,

Joe

Old September 13th 04, 08:42 PM
JR

There is a glider at Immokalee airport. A lot of open fields around the
airport. Last time I checked rates were average.
John Naples, FL

Old September 13th 04, 09:03 PM
Bill H.

"Joseph L. Hyde" wrote in message ...
Someone bought an L-13 from one of our club members. I believe it was
heading to the Naples area for a start up commercial operation. I also
heard through the grapevine that it was destroyed by hurricane charley.
This is not confirmed.

Thke Care,

Joe

"Mike Schumann" wrote in message
Does anyone know if there is a Soaring Club near Naples FL?

Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann

I live in N. Fort Myers, the Immokalee airport has an L-13 and a

182 towplane, have not met or flown with anyone out there yet. I have
been flying my Discus with my buddy and his asw-24 out of Lenox flying
school, Gardner Fla., just north of Arcadia, however Hurricane Charlie
destroyed the towplane, a 2-22 and a I-26. Pat and Harriett, even
though their homes received substantial damage have vowed to locate
another towplane and return to flight status. I own a citabria with a
towhook and can use it when the weather i.e.
hurricanes- fade away and we can once again think about recreational
flying.
Come join us.
Old September 13th 04, 11:01 PM
Mike Schumann

Do you have any further info? Phone #, etc....

Thanks,
Mike Schumann

news

All Soaring Club Members Slick Soaring 2 August 10th 04 09:03 AM
Penn State Soaring Club Schreder projects sale. Wayne Paul Soaring 0 January 6th 04 03:21 AM
Adrian Soaring Club to observe Day of Mourning 12/17? LarSwan Soaring 3 November 24th 03 10:34 AM
Where are the CFIG's? Michael Soaring 10 August 19th 03 12:23 AM