Selling a glider

Old January 6th 04, 08:30 PM
R.W. Carpenter

Default Selling a glider

1/06/04 I Need Help

Hello Glider person. I'm an aircraft broker that needs
to sell a 1993 Grob 103C Twin III SL (Self Launched)
for an
old friend. I know very little about gliders as I
usually
work with much larger aircraft.

If you could advise me where to place ads for this very
low
time glider, it would be greatly appreciated. Any other
advise would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I would certainly be willing to entertain a
finders fee
if you could provide a prospect that buys.

Any advice? Click on

?subject=737-200ADV-230

Old January 7th 04, 05:02 AM
Liam Finley

I suggest you look into Ebay.

www.ebay.com

I would expect the aircraft in question to sell for between 30 and 40
thousand US dollars.

Old January 7th 04, 05:10 AM
Marc Ramsey

Liam Finley wrote:
I suggest you look into Ebay.

www.ebay.com

I would expect the aircraft in question to sell for between 30 and 40
thousand US dollars.

Yeah, right. You'd be very very lucky to get a low time Twin III
without a motor for less than 50K. I'd say 80K or so is more like it...

"R.W. Carpenter" wrote...

Old January 7th 04, 08:42 AM
tango4

www.segelflug.de look under Kleinanzeigen
and then Biete Doppelsitzer
will get you a Twin astir for 16000 Euro about $22500

Your 30000 to 40000 sounds about right for the European market.

In fact I might even be interested myself. Where is the ship located and can
you give me a rundown on its history. Is there a trailer in the deal?

Ian Molesworth

Old January 7th 04, 09:05 AM
Marc Ramsey

tango4 wrote:
www.segelflug.de look under Kleinanzeigen
and then Biete Doppelsitzer
will get you a Twin astir for 16000 Euro about $22500

Your 30000 to 40000 sounds about right for the European market.

In fact I might even be interested myself. Where is the ship located and can
you give me a rundown on its history. Is there a trailer in the deal?

There's a bit of difference between a Twin Astir and a Twin III, even
without the motor. If you can get decent Twin IIIs that cheaply, I know
several people who'd be willing to send you sizable finders fees 8^)

The glider is already listed on the Wings+Wheels web site for US $96500.
A bit more than I'd be willing to pay, but probably not that far out
of line...

Marc

Old January 7th 04, 09:21 PM
Liam Finley

Marc Ramsey wrote in message om...
The glider is already listed on the Wings+Wheels web site for US $96500.
A bit more than I'd be willing to pay, but probably not that far out
of line...

Marc

96.5 K for a Grob? Sheesh. Almost as bad as the guy asking 12K for a 1-26.

No matter how many bells and whistles, a Grob is still a Grob.