Where are all the glider ads?

Old June 19th 12, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default Where are all the glider ads?

On Jun 17, 8:34*am, "Tim Mara" wrote:
both glidersource.com and soaringcafe (both who BTW receive promotional
links and commercial ads from cumulus) have spammed many who have listed ads
on Wings & Wheels want-ads and soaringcafe has gone as far as copying ads
without the listing advertisers consent and placed these ads on their
website in their effort to create traffic to their website. This is in MHO a
disservice to the soaring public who have all known that there was one good
and up-to-date listing for all involved in soaring to locate buyers and
sellers. Having dozens of websites listing ads, many of which *I can promise
are old and outdated, previously sold items there only to add volume to the
listings. This is doing the soaring populous a disservice as eventually ads
become scattered useless hard to find for those who don't have vested
interests in the topics or viewpoints they also wish to promote or
commercial ads to promote their products. Obviously these website are there
to profit from advertisers collecting hits to promote their own websites
commercial value far less than offering a simple source of information free
to those who volunteer their listings.
The Wings & Wheels want-ads have always been completely free and the only
thing I have asked is that buyers and sellers keep their ads current by
notifying me every 90 days that they wish to continue their listing or
sending a notice when their glider or part has been sold or is no longer
available. I will continue this as always but may refuse to carry duplicate
listings for the same reasons mentioned above.
respectfully
Tim Mara

"Paul Remde" wrote in message

Hi Mike,

Trywww.glidersource.com.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

"Duster" wrote in message
I am looking into buying a used single-place glider (38:1) but am having
difficulties in finding many ads for them. Soaring Mag used to have many,
many pages of glider adverts, but now usually publishes less than a single
column. I know about Wings and Wheels and the SSA classifieds, but are
there
other resources? Are there other active US-based glider forums (I recall
there was one at least several years ago)?

Where has our fleet gone to?!

Mike

Tim,

For years now you have given the soaring community, selling their
sailplanes around the world, free advertising on your website, asking
nothing in return. I appreciate your years of service and I have
personally used the 'want ads" to sell a sailplane-quickly. Please
continue supporting us.

Mike Carris

Old June 20th 12, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Monday, June 18, 2012 10:04:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Yes, we look for and post classified ads for people based on the classified ads we find on the web.

I accept that your intentions were altogether honorable, but scrapping ads off of W&W seems like a mistake, a Faux pas, a breach of netiquette. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Otherwise, three cheers for Soaring Cafe!