What essentials do you always have on board?

Old November 3rd 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default What essentials do you always have on board?

What things do you consider it essential to always have on board for
every flight? Not just things required by law, but things that you
personally believe in having on the aircraft before you leave the
ground.

Old November 3rd 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
TxSrv

Mxsmanic wrote:
What things do you consider it essential to always have on board for
every flight? Not just things required by law, but things that you
personally believe in having on the aircraft before you leave the
ground.

I would tell you, but you'll dispute the relevance thereof. The
"law" literally requires nothing.

F--
Old November 3rd 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gary Drescher

"TxSrv" wrote in message
news
The "law" literally requires nothing.

Pilot certificate? Photo ID? Medical certificate? AFM/W&B? Logbook (for
students)?

Old November 3rd 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
What things do you consider it essential to always have on board for
every flight? Not just things required by law, but things that you
personally believe in having on the aircraft before you leave the
ground.

Me. I never leave the ground without me. A chart and wrist watch usually go
along for the ride too. But if it's someplace I've been to recently, the
chart probably won't get opened.

I hear tell that them there GPS things are handy, but I've never flown with
one.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old November 3rd 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

basic survival gear, a knife, fire starter, some water. In
the winter shelter.

A 45 automatic and 50 rounds or a shotgun.

See Canada laws on required equipment for flights in
wilderness. They require fishing equipment, a rifle [they
don't like handguns] and have a very extensive list.

http://www.equipped.com/ak_cnda.htm

. ..

Old November 3rd 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Mxsmanic wrote:
What things do you consider it essential to always have on board for
every flight? Not just things required by law, but things that you
personally believe in having on the aircraft before you leave the
ground.

By law I have to have a ticket to board. Otherwise I like to take a small
carry-on with reading material and essential toiletries.

;-)
Old November 4th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Mxsmanic wrote:
What things do you consider it essential to always have on board for
every flight? Not just things required by law, but things that you
personally believe in having on the aircraft before you leave the
ground.

One forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days’
concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics,
morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one
miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in
rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue
of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.
Old November 4th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Jim Macklin wrote:
basic survival gear, a knife, fire starter, some water. In
the winter shelter.

A 45 automatic and 50 rounds or a shotgun.

What happens if you land somewhere in the city that requires a permit
to carry such items?

-Robert

Old November 4th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jim Macklin wrote:
basic survival gear, a knife, fire starter, some water. In
the winter shelter.

A 45 automatic and 50 rounds or a shotgun.

What happens if you land somewhere in the city that requires a permit
to carry such items?

-Robert

What and infringe on my right to bare arms??? than I don't want to be
there!!!

Old November 4th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

What things do you consider it essential to always have on board for
every flight? Not just things required by law, but things that you
personally believe in having on the aircraft before you leave the
ground.

Do a google search. This topic has been discussed several times in the
last five years.