When Airline Pilots WON'T speak ENGLISH!!!

Old October 20th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Default When Airline Pilots WON'T speak ENGLISH!!!

jeremy schrieb:
Martin Hotze wrote:
(my offer for
free usenet access is still valid; our newsserver is among the TOP1000.)

Vaughn

Does it access alt.binaries.food?

no binaries at all.

currently: http://www.hotze.com/index.php?page=newsfeed-peering

by the end of the year I expect to carry Big8 plus some local groups
minus some junk groups (but still without binaries).

JJ

#m
Old October 20th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Mike" nospam @ microsoft.com wrote in news:5P0Lk.2545$r_3.575
@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
george wrote in
:

On Oct 20, 12:16 pm, "Mike" nospam @ microsoft.com wrote:
"hello" wrote in message

"If you make us go around, you won't fly another leg for the rest
of the day" (I only say this when they a 30DME from the field and
still at 18000 Ft.")

It still sounds as stupid the 2nd time around. In fact, more so.

In this day and age of 'Cockpit Management' how long would Anthonys
new buddy last (outside MFS)

Actually, there are some rat ass companies flying jets around that fit
this
perfectly.

Are you saying there's hope for Anthony?

No, he'd have to leave his apartment to go flying....

Bertie
Old October 20th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

jeremy wrote in
:

Shirl wrote:
speaking FLUENT, clear and
*understandable* ENGLISH would be a pre-requisite ... but apparently
not!

We tried to teach you Americans, but you refused to learn :-)

Well, you should have tried some of the techniques you used to teach
english elsewhere, then. Death or english was always a persuasive
technique.

Bertie
Old October 20th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,soc.culture.british,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

jeremy wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Well, you should have tried some of the techniques you used to teach
english elsewhere, then. Death or english was always a persuasive
technique.

Bertie

We had much greater respect for the Native Americans than that, and
often recruited them.

Yeah, right.

You were just peachy everywhere you went.

I wasn't talking about north america..

Remember? you said you failed there in any case.

Bertie
Old October 20th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stella Starr

Shirl wrote:
How do these people pass the oral exam?

There's an oral exam?
I missed it?
Old October 20th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Stella Starr wrote in
:

Shirl wrote:
How do these people pass the oral exam?

There's an oral exam?
I missed it?

There's an oral for type ratings. Also, the litle chat you have before any
flight test is an oral. The examiner is supposed to pay particular
attention to the ones you got wrong on the written..

Bertie
Old October 21st 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Mike" nospam @ microsoft.com wrote in message
"Morgans" wrote in message

"hello" wrote

But as I tell all my FO's (whether they speak English of not, IN
ENGLISH), "If you make us go around, you won't fly another leg for the
rest of the day." I only say this when they're at 30DME from the field
and still at 18000 Ft.

Well, THAT's real helpful for ensuring safety.

If I'm riding, let everyone know before we take off, so I can get off.

If going around is needed, I would prefer to go around, without fear of
punishment for the FO.

But since you are posting without a real identity, you probably only fly
Microsoft flight simulators, so it really does not matter what you are
posting.

So if he were to make up a "real" sounding name, perhaps something like
Jim in NC, that would automatically make him a bonafide pilot?

--
Jim in NC

Yes.

Old October 23rd 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tom C

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
george wrote in
:

Actually, there are some rat ass companies flying jets around that fit
this
perfectly.

Bertie

Most of them fixed wing EMS.

Tom C

Old October 23rd 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Tom C" * wrote in news:gdoqfc$d7e$1
@aioe.org:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
george wrote in
:

Actually, there are some rat ass companies flying jets around that fit
this
perfectly.

Bertie

Most of them fixed wing EMS.

Really? I was thinking more of the Cockroach Corner guys..