FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate

Old July 8th 20, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate

So, do you have home built or kit built aircraft in Europe?Â* If so, in
what category are they registered?Â* If not, that's a shame.

On 7/8/2020 12:59 AM, John Howell wrote:
It is the same as buying a used altimeter from a friend. If your aircraft
i=
s experimental, you can put anything in it. If it is certified, the ALT
bet=
ter be TSO'd.

Tom

.and in Europe we don't have any such thing as an experimental category.

--
Dan, 5J
Old July 9th 20, 10:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Within most European countries there's experimental/homebuilt/amateur or ultralight categories and it's really not so different to the US, possibly easier. You can build and fly your own plane in almost all European countries..
The problem is crossing borders with them, the same as with your American-built experimental plane - you (may) need permission from the other country first.

The 'real' difference between EU countries and the US is the EU countries are much smaller.

Old July 9th 20, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Good information - thanks!

I'm 37.5 hours into the Phase I Experimental Test Flight program of my
Polish-built gyroplane kit.Â* So far, so good with only a few minor
glitches and I plan to begin the 500 nm flight home on Saturday
morning.Â* I'm pretty sure I can't fly it into Canada and I don't know
about Mexico.Â* But there's so much of the western US that I can't wait
to explore a bit lower than at sailplane altitudes. :-D