Post-accident photos of RV/TBM Avenger Oshkosh taxi collision

Old August 5th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Default Post-accident photos of RV/TBM Avenger Oshkosh taxi collision

In article ,
"Peter Dohm" wrote:

That said, REALLY READ the threads on vansairforce.com because there may be
much more to the story when the actual report comes out...

What is it listed under?
I cannot find them.
Old August 5th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message ...
: That said, REALLY READ the threads on vansairforce.com because there may be
: much more to the story when the actual report comes out...
:
: Peter
:
:

And by that you mean what? The RV cut in front of the Avenger? The Avenger was doing S turns? Folks were on the scene
very quickly? The pictures were 'censored' off the site? Always helps when folks say what they mean...

Old August 6th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

".Blueskies." wrote in message

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message

: That said, REALLY READ the threads on vansairforce.com because there may

be
: much more to the story when the actual report comes out...
:
: Peter
:
:

And by that you mean what?
The RV cut in front of the Avenger?
The Avenger was doing S turns?

All of those and their opposites. None of the posts, that I read, claimed
to have been personally watching prior to the accident. That means that I
lot of us have been shooting from the hip, and perhaps we should take a
break.

Folks were on the scene very quickly?

Commendable, and not surprising.

The pictures were 'censored' off the site?

VERY high on my list of pet peaves! It just seems that anything that might
be really usefull or informative has a way of being censored on some
pretext--such as "too disturbing" or the alleged privacy of the next of kin.
The Dale Earnhart crash in NASCAR was one good example and this is another.
The net result seems to be the protection of "expert" findings.

I realize that looks like a contradiction of my earlier comment; however it
is not. The first was a suggestion to wait and review all of the evidence.
The last was an expression of my annoyance at the suppression of portions of
the evidence, making the reasoned arrival at any accurate independent
conclusion difficult or impossible.

(Temporary end of rant.)

Always helps when folks say what they mean...

I'm trying.
(Sometimes very trying)

Peter

Old August 6th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Skywise

"Peter Dohm" wrote in
:

".Blueskies." wrote in message

Snipola

The pictures were 'censored' off the site?

VERY high on my list of pet peaves! It just seems that anything that
might be really usefull or informative has a way of being censored on
some pretext--such as "too disturbing" or the alleged privacy of the
next of kin.

Snipola

In case you missed it, I posted them over in
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation under the subject of "OSH TBM accident".

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old August 6th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Skywise" wrote in message
"Peter Dohm" wrote in
:

".Blueskies." wrote in message

Snipola

The pictures were 'censored' off the site?

VERY high on my list of pet peaves! It just seems that anything that
might be really usefull or informative has a way of being censored on
some pretext--such as "too disturbing" or the alleged privacy of the
next of kin.

Snipola

In case you missed it, I posted them over in
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation under the subject of "OSH TBM accident".

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

And thanks for posting them, and defeating some of the censorship.
I did see them, and also posted the location earlier in this thread.

Peter

Old August 6th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jerry Springer

: That said, REALLY READ the threads on vansairforce.com because there may

be

: much more to the story when the actual report comes out...
:
: Peter
:
:

And by that you mean what?
The RV cut in front of the Avenger?
The Avenger was doing S turns?

All of those and their opposites. None of the posts, that I read, claimed
to have been personally watching prior to the accident. That means that I
lot of us have been shooting from the hip, and perhaps we should take a
break.

Actully there was a post on the Matronics RV-List that was written by a
person that witnessed the accident about 100 ft from his location.
Old August 6th 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

In case you missed it, I posted them over in
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation under the subject of "OSH TBM accident".

And thanks for posting them, and defeating some of the censorship.
I did see them, and also posted the location earlier in this thread.

They have been removed from my server, or from the binaries site, now.
--
Jim in NC
Old August 6th 06, 10:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jerry Springer

Morgans wrote:
In case you missed it, I posted them over in

alt.binaries.pictures.aviation under the subject of "OSH TBM accident".

And thanks for posting them, and defeating some of the censorship.
I did see them, and also posted the location earlier in this thread.

They have been removed from my server, or from the binaries site, now.

Just checked and they are still there on the
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation site.
Old August 6th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Jerry Springer" wrote in

Just checked and they are still there on the
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation site.

Just to be sure I didn't miss them, what are they named in the subject box?

I'm pretty sure that my server removed them.
--
Jim in NC
Old August 6th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article , "Morgans"
wrote:

Just to be sure I didn't miss them, what are they named in the subject box?

I'm pretty sure that my server removed them.

"TBM" is in the subject line and reference to OSH.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the