Saitek X45 Joystick and Throttle

Old January 31st 04, 10:45 PM
Dave Schwartz

I couldn't assign the rotaries to anything.
Dave

"John Hogan" wrote in message
Hmmm, I assigned the rudder axis to the thumb rotary on the throttle and
all is well. Even works on the helicopters.

John H.

Richard Whitcombe wrote:
I'm with Richard on this one, Dave. I can see no reason to return an X45
system if you've already got a fully functioning one. I used to own the
first series Microsoft Force Feedback joystick - which was fine - but

this
Christmas I went for the Saitek X45 because of the separate throttle. I

did

have some concerns about the lack FF but when you get playing, you never
notice the absence of FF (or the presence of it either - it's 'just

there',

in the background).

I had a FFB stick as well, from my experience no game, including flight

sim
modelled feedback properly - even in FS2002 (i havent tried 2004 with

it)
was grotty and felt like a poorly tested addon after thought - it didnt

help
my flying at all.

The configuration isn't quite as straight forward as it should be (drag

and

drop is needed) and it isn't a flexible as it should be either (as

Richard
notes). But these 'limitations' affect all controllers, not just the

X45.

I tend not to use the saitek config software as the MS in game

assignments
thing works well - the inability to bind rudder trim as an analogue axis

is
a MS problem with the game itself and not the joystick - you wont bind

it on
any controller for that reason.

Old January 31st 04, 10:47 PM
Dave Schwartz

I would love to see your assignment settings if you have the time. thanx
Dave Schwartz
Commack, NY

"Roy" wrote in message
nk.net...
I use the x-45 and I love it. I can post a rundown of my assignment
settings if anyone is interested. I do not use any "profiles" when

playing
flight sim. (I do use profiles for other games though) I just leave the
joystick's direct x assignments alone and assign functions from within
FS2004 itself. I also use ch usb pedals

"Richard Whitcombe" wrote in message

"Dave Schwartz" wrote in message
et...
Hi. Does anyone have the Saitek X45 Joystick and Throttle

combination.

Yes

it at Best Buy recently. Are you happy with it. Can you suggest
assignments for it's numerous buttons and controls? Should I keep it

or
return it?

Why would you want to return a perfectly good working joystick ? Why

buy
it
if you didnt want it ?

For what its worth im very happy with mine althoug hi preferred the X36
(nicely colour, less annoying LEDs). I dont use many of the button
combinations, the only really useful ones i set are the thumbwheel

rotary
for elevator trim and the forefinger 4 way had on the throttle for

rudder
trim.

On that subject a rant, WHEN will MS enable me to set the rudder trim to

rotary wheel ! The elevator is great, surely they should give us rudder
too.

Old January 31st 04, 11:10 PM
Roy

I've had problems assigning rotaries to stuff too. I'd really like to
assign prop and mixture to rotaries on the throttle part but it never seems
to work too well.

Old January 31st 04, 11:22 PM
Roy

Saitek X-45
Joystick

Trigger Views
Pinkie Views Reverse
Launch Gear
A Panel
B Coordinates Framerate
C Autopilot
Hat 1 Up
Up/Right
Right
Down/Right

Down
Down/Left
Left
Up/Left
Hat 2 Up Elevator Trim Down
Up/Right
Right Rudder Trim Right
Down/Right
Down Elevator Trim Up
Down/Left
Left Rudder Trim Left
Up/Left
Saitek X-45 Throttle

D Spoilers
Hat 3 Up Increase Prop
Up/Right
Right Increase Mixture
Down/Right
Down Decrease Prop
Down/Left
Left Decrease Mixture
Up/Left
Mouse Button Tailhook
Mouse Up Retract Flaps
Up/Right

Right Open Cowl Flaps
Down/Right
Down Extend Flaps
Down/Left
Left Close Cowl Flaps
Up/Left
Aux 1
2
3
Rotary 1 Inc
Dec
Rotary 2 Inc
Dec
Rudder Rudder

Old February 1st 04, 12:37 AM
Richard Whitcombe

"Roy" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've had problems assigning rotaries to stuff too. I'd really like to
assign prop and mixture to rotaries on the throttle part but it never

seems
to work too well.

That big is easy, in the MS flight sim go into the control settings menu,
select AXIS and you can then assign the prop pitch, mixture and so on to a
rotary in there. You will need to alter the null zone and so on after that.

Old February 1st 04, 06:22 PM
Richard Whitcombe

I wish that Saitek would market the pedals from the R440 or R100
racing wheel with the X45. The X45 is a good set up but needs
real rudder pedals.

Ive got a MS FFB wheel with pedals and id love to be able to use though in
flight sim in combination with my stick. Not found a way yet though.

--
---

Notice to spammers:

SPAM THIS ADDRESS PLEASE

Tirelli, Quirino

Via T.Rossi N.6
Benevento, BN 82100
IT
Tel: +393383709678 Fax: +39338370967

----

Old February 1st 04, 10:12 PM
boB

Richard Whitcombe wrote:
I wish that Saitek would market the pedals from the R440 or R100
racing wheel with the X45. The X45 is a good set up but needs
real rudder pedals.

Ive got a MS FFB wheel with pedals and id love to be able to use though in
flight sim in combination with my stick. Not found a way yet though.

Richard,

I'm sorry, I found the screenshots I took when setting up my MOMO pedals
but they make no sense to me. A small problem I have. I will post what
I have though, and to tell the truth, if I finally figured it out, you
should be able to get it going quickly.

The pedals work fine with both my Sidewinder Stick and the CH Yoke.

--

Take care

boB

Flying FS2002 in Texas
Bob, Gabriella, Kuma, Chica, Balto, Blitz, Gussie, Costa and Tiger
Kempner, Central Texas