Donuts on a rope

Old April 29th 04, 03:19 AM
Big John

Default Donuts on a rope

AW&ST, 26 Apr 04

21 March the characteristic con trail of sequential puffs was observed
over CO. Along side this con was a normal con which was appeared to
be an escort bird.

As the puffs came out, it was seen that there were two adjacent puffs
that quickly merged into a single puff. From this it is assumed that
the vehicle is twin engined and both engine's fire at the same time
due to the puffs joining. The observer called them a "string of
pearls" across a large arc of the sky.

Neither aircraft could be seen or heard from the 8000 feet elevation
where the observer lived in the mountains east of SLC, so were at a
very high altitude.

One of these days the black veil will break and we will see what this
vehicle is.

Big John
Old April 29th 04, 05:14 PM
John Galban

Big John wrote in message . ..
AW&ST, 26 Apr 04

21 March the characteristic con trail of sequential puffs was observed
over CO. Along side this con was a normal con which was appeared to
be an escort bird.

snip

Hmmm! I wonder if it's space aliens or Chemtrails :-)

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)
Old April 29th 04, 05:40 PM
Cecil Chapman

I vote for space aliens!!! LOL

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old April 29th 04, 05:48 PM
Len

Rumor has it that the Aurora aircraft makes a contrail like that.
Supposedly it is powered by a pulse jet engine or some sort of external
combustion powerplant.

For an example of the contrail check out-
http://wave.prohosting.com/aurora85/...contrails.html

If you start looking into into the Aurora, make sure you get out your
tin foil hat--- conspiracy theories abound.

However, maybe it is just aliens. tin_foil_hat=on

Len

Old May 2nd 04, 04:53 AM
gatt

"Len" wrote in message

Rumor has it that the Aurora aircraft makes a contrail like that.
Supposedly it is powered by a pulse jet engine or some sort of external
combustion powerplant.

That was the rumor. If not Aurora, some other project out there. There
were a few projects like Pumpkinseed and other test beds where, for example
the fuel was ignited on the external, trailing surface of the aircraft but
the "donut" contrail does suggest a pulse jet.

An acquaintance of mine who would know told me at Edwards that one of the
Aurora birds, (if not THE bird) crashed and the program was eventually
cancelled. That doesn't mean that another similar project might not be
underway presently.

Aurora has been discussed on occasion in Aviation Leak and Spy Technology.
No tinfoil hat required; the US government still tests aerospace technology.

-c