A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Grob 102 maintenance and parts manual

Old August 12th 18, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Grob 102 maintenance and parts manual

Sorry for the late follow up but I got overwhelmed with other stuff - I looked at our 102 Standard III maintenance manual and repair manual and the airbrake system diagram doesn't look detailed enough to be of help - it just shows the major parts in a wing cutaway. If you haven't worked things out already Lindner is probably your best bet unless someone with a good CS (or maybe a CS-77) can take some pictures for you. I can take a picture of our Standard III tomorrow but it could well be different in the details to the CS.
Old March 8th 20, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Dear colegue,
I have an Astir CS jeans but do not have any technical documentation but flight manual. If You have parts catalogue or any document where is visible aragement of part I would like to have. I know that Yours Astir is different than mine but fuselage is almost same. Picture with mobile phone and Whatsapp or viber will be very kind. My mobile is +385 98 584 714. Best regards from Split Croatia. Joško Kunac
Old March 8th 20, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Dear colegue,
I have an Astir CS jeans but do not have any technical documentation but flight manual. If You have parts catalogue or any document where is visible aragement of part I would like to have. I know that Yours Astir is different than mine but fuselage is almost same. Picture with mobile phone and Whatsapp or viber will be very kind. My mobile is +385 98 584 714. Best regards from Split Croatia. Joško Kunac
Old March 8th 20, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I wrote couple of email's to LTB Lindner but they did not respond at all. That id not tipical German behaviour. From mine personal experience Schempp Hirth and Alexander Schleicher are much more serious snd quite responsive. Regrds Joško
Old March 9th 20, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, March 8, 2020 at 4:23:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I wrote couple of email's to LTB Lindner but they did not respond at all. That id not tipical German behaviour. From mine personal experience Schempp Hirth and Alexander Schleicher are much more serious snd quite responsive.. Regrds Joško

Josko,
I asked Linder the same thing about the manual and would not sell it to me. What I found out, that they have a blue print (original drawing) that they would sell one small part at the time. I ordered bolts and locking nuts from them. The nuts were not matching the bolts. They made me send them back and I did. Linder never sent me the replacement parts. As the manual I have a very tiny part of the original drawing for those small bolts. I can only way check out on a correct assembly that I travel 2-3 hours to see an other Grob 102 and take lots of pictures. Good luck.
Old March 9th 20, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shaun Wheeler
external usenet poster

Lindner has not done the Grob product line any favors with me.
Old March 10th 20, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 2:21:47 PM UTC-5, Tango Papa of IN wrote:
Recently I Purchased an Astir CS. I was surprise to see that someone installed the spoiler connection bolts the way that if I open the spoiler fully it will jam all the way open.
Could anyone share maintenance manual that we can install the new bolts correctly? I have to find out what kind of bolts I need for sure.
Such a popular glider, someone must have a parts and maintenance manual. Where can I get one?
Thanks guys!

If you are thinking that a parts manual and a service manual would resemble the documentation like a series 100 Cessna, I don't believe they are that comprehensive. a blueprint copy may be all that exists.
Am I wrong?
Scott
Old March 10th 20, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, March 9, 2020 at 9:00:35 PM UTC-4, Scott Williams wrote:
On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 2:21:47 PM UTC-5, Tango Papa of IN wrote:
Recently I Purchased an Astir CS. I was surprise to see that someone installed the spoiler connection bolts the way that if I open the spoiler fully it will jam all the way open.
Could anyone share maintenance manual that we can install the new bolts correctly? I have to find out what kind of bolts I need for sure.
Such a popular glider, someone must have a parts and maintenance manual. Where can I get one?
Thanks guys!

If you are thinking that a parts manual and a service manual would resemble the documentation like a series 100 Cessna, I don't believe they are that comprehensive. a blueprint copy may be all that exists.
Am I wrong?
Scott

Every aircraft by the FAA rules must have parts and service manual. Back than in 1977, the rules were different. One day in an old German Hangar, someone will find a Grob manual and will share with the world.
Old March 10th 20, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS
external usenet poster

I wrote couple of email's to LTB Lindner but they did not respond at all. That id not tipical German behaviour. From mine personal experience Schempp Hirth and Alexander Schleicher are much more serious snd quite responsive.. Regrds Joško

I contacted LTB Lindner last December for some drawings to identify the parts we needed for our 102. Got them as a .pdf including the BoM. Once I knew what we needed, I emailed them again to place the order. I had the parts including the Form 1 in hand two weeks later. They were very responsive and reasonably priced - no complaints here!

Uli
'AS'
Old March 10th 20, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac
external usenet poster

On Monday, March 9, 2020 at 9:21:33 PM UTC-7, AS wrote:
I wrote couple of email's to LTB Lindner but they did not respond at all. That id not tipical German behaviour. From mine personal experience Schempp Hirth and Alexander Schleicher are much more serious snd quite responsive. Regrds Joško

I contacted LTB Lindner last December for some drawings to identify the parts we needed for our 102. Got them as a .pdf including the BoM. Once I knew what we needed, I emailed them again to place the order. I had the parts including the Form 1 in hand two weeks later. They were very responsive and reasonably priced - no complaints here!

Uli
'AS'

I have had the same experience as well. They were very responsive and easy to work with.