Balleka videos have been deleted from YouTube

Old October 30th 17, 11:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default Balleka videos have been deleted from YouTube

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 6:00:46 AM UTC+3, Duster wrote:
Not deleted from the link I use:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Balleka

...I was sad to notice this morning that all of Balleka's videos have been deleted from YouTube. I owe my interest in the sport to those videos. Though I'm sure the family has their reasons for wanting them gone, it feels like part of Matt's legacy has been destroyed.

Back again from my "Subscriptions" menu too. Yay!!

Youtube downloader, anyone?
Old October 30th 17, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 03:39:17 -0700, Bruce Hoult wrote:

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 6:00:46 AM UTC+3, Duster wrote:
Not deleted from the link I use:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Balleka

...I was sad to notice this morning that all of Balleka's videos have
been deleted from YouTube. I owe my interest in the sport to those
videos. Though I'm sure the family has their reasons for wanting them
gone, it feels like part of Matt's legacy has been destroyed.

Back again from my "Subscriptions" menu too. Yay!!

....and my direct links into YouTube are working too - spot on!

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old October 30th 17, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

According to posts on Balleka's Facebook page, Matt's two kids and their mother were upset the videos were removed and the family were directly responsible for getting them back up.

Many thanks to them - I am one of the glider pilots who loves his videos - especially his soaring the Clwydians, my old stomping ground! He was a darned good pilot (although he did push the envelope at times) and a superb video producer.

Mike

Old October 30th 17, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 3:39:18 AM UTC-7, Bruce Hoult wrote:

Youtube downloader, anyone?

Try offliberty.com
Jim
Old October 30th 17, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 6:24:39 PM UTC+3, Mike the Strike wrote:
According to posts on Balleka's Facebook page, Matt's two kids and their mother were upset the videos were removed and the family were directly responsible for getting them back up.

Good for them!

So who took them down?
Old October 30th 17, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes, they all appear to be back!

I'm grateful to whoever made the decision to re-post the videos. If you are reading; thank you.

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 6:39:18 AM UTC-4, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 6:00:46 AM UTC+3, Duster wrote:
Not deleted from the link I use:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Balleka

...I was sad to notice this morning that all of Balleka's videos have been deleted from YouTube. I owe my interest in the sport to those videos. Though I'm sure the family has their reasons for wanting them gone, it feels like part of Matt's legacy has been destroyed.

Back again from my "Subscriptions" menu too. Yay!!

Youtube downloader, anyone?

RIP Matt Wright (Balleka on YouTube) Stephan van den Berg Soaring 73 February 23rd 18 09:23 PM
HD YouTube videos bildan Soaring 0 November 13th 09 09:39 PM
HpH 304S JET Videos now on Youtube! Tim Mara[_2_] Soaring 18 December 11th 08 12:56 AM
YOU THOUGHT YOU DELETED THEM!!!FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILESfdbvvbmdfgfdgbm FBI Forensics Aviation Photos 0 October 21st 07 01:42 PM
youtube gliding videos Mal[_3_] Soaring 3 March 17th 07 05:55 AM