Avgas Where is the ceiling?

Old May 3rd 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Avgas Where is the ceiling?

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
"I thought it was a big bird!" - Dick Cheney.

Maybe I missed something, but I wasn't aware that Dick Cheney was
involved in WW II. Are you lost or do you know something the rest of us
don't?

Hell, WW II was Bush's fault, and Cheney was an accomplice.

Old May 8th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

The issue I'd worry about more than price is that the refiners may
just stop making avgas, period.

What other fuels are still leaded?

It's small volume, hence a PITA from a refining/transport aspect.
With a refining capacity crunch...what will go first?

--
A host is a host from coast to
Old May 8th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("David Lesher" wrote)
It's small volume, hence a PITA from a refining/transport aspect. With a
refining capacity crunch...what will go first?

Q: "With a refining capacity crunch...what will go first?"
A: Not diesel.

Mont-bata-black
I'm telling you, it's time to change those old 8mm home movies over onto VHS
tapes...
I mean DVD's...
I mean iPod...
I mean streaming video....

Early 80's, I watched "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" (1979) at a retail
electronics store - played on a [big?] laser disk. I've never seen those old
[..."laser"...] disks in a home, though.

Old May 8th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 05/08/06 11:00, Montblack wrote:
("David Lesher" wrote)
It's small volume, hence a PITA from a refining/transport aspect. With a
refining capacity crunch...what will go first?

Q: "With a refining capacity crunch...what will go first?"
A: Not diesel.

Mont-bata-black
I'm telling you, it's time to change those old 8mm home movies over onto VHS
tapes...
I mean DVD's...
I mean iPod...
I mean streaming video....

Early 80's, I watched "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" (1979) at a retail
electronics store - played on a [big?] laser disk. I've never seen those old
[..."laser"...] disks in a home, though.

I have one, although it's in the closet (both physically and because it is
not ready to admit that it's obsolete ;-) ).

I also have about 15 movies on LD (also in the closet). At the time, the
movies ran about $60 - $80, so I didn't buy them very quickly.

Then, DVDs started making noise so I held-off buying more LDs to see what
was going to happen.

So ... $500 for the player and about $900 for the movies. I think I got
off cheap ;-)

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA
Old May 8th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Mark Hansen" wrote)
Then, DVDs started making noise so I held-off buying more LDs to see what
was going to happen.

So ... $500 for the player and about $900 for the movies. I think I got
off cheap ;-)

Is there a noticible quality diference, if any, between ..."laser"... LD's
and DVD's?

Montblack
[NAC - Necessary Aviation Content]
Toyota has an all-"aluminium" diesel in Eupropean cars right now. I'm just
saying...

Old May 8th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 05/08/06 12:33, Montblack wrote:
("Mark Hansen" wrote)
Then, DVDs started making noise so I held-off buying more LDs to see what
was going to happen.

So ... $500 for the player and about $900 for the movies. I think I got
off cheap ;-)

Is there a noticible quality diference, if any, between ..."laser"... LD's
and DVD's?

Montblack
[NAC - Necessary Aviation Content]
Toyota has an all-"aluminium" diesel in Eupropean cars right now. I'm just
saying...

Wow, yes. I pulled the LD player out a while ago and put on one of the
LDs, just for old times sake. I quickly put it back in the closet!

.... now back to our regularly-scheduled program ;-)

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA
Old May 8th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Mark Hansen wrote:

Wow, yes. I pulled the LD player out a while ago and put on one of the
LDs, just for old times sake. I quickly put it back in the closet!

... now back to our regularly-scheduled program ;-)

I was waiting for the "laser discs are analog" point, "no, they are
digital" counterpoint that always seems to surface in these groups when
LDs are mentioned.

--
Peter
Old May 8th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Montblack wrote:
("David Lesher" wrote)

It's small volume, hence a PITA from a refining/transport aspect. With a
refining capacity crunch...what will go first?

Q: "With a refining capacity crunch...what will go first?"
A: Not diesel.

Mont-bata-black
I'm telling you, it's time to change those old 8mm home movies over onto
VHS
tapes...
I mean DVD's...
I mean iPod...
I mean streaming video....

Early 80's, I watched "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" (1979) at a retail
electronics store - played on a [big?] laser disk. I've never seen those
old [..."laser"...] disks in a home, though.

I've got a collection of about 40 laserdisks but have not watched any of
them in years and don't know for sure if the player works anymore.

Avgas STC Mike Granby Owning 12 September 6th 05 07:18 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM
service ceiling of F-22 zxcv Military Aviation 7 March 14th 04 11:31 PM
Class C Ceiling Mzsoar Soaring 1 August 18th 03 08:50 PM