More political BS .... Thanks CNN

Old October 13th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

Default More political BS .... Thanks CNN

wrote in message
Actually, what CNN did last night was take a Cirrus up and recreate the
flight including trying to make the turn...the difference is, CNN did it
at 2000 feet, which is what sane pilots would do, such that they didn't
tangle their prop in anybody's furniture. I thought that was pretty cool
of them.

For CNN to do that is certainly not typical. One would expect the story
go something like this:

You said you don't watch the news. How do you know this then?

"We were going to take this plane through the same area of the accident,
but GA is much to dangerous for us to do that.

That's not what they said at all. Your ignorance is showing.

Instead we thought we would re-enact through this sophisticated flight
training software."

But they didn't. They flew an actual Cirrus through the course, except at a
higher altitude so that, gee whiz, if it turned out the Cirrus couldn't make
that turn, they wouldn't fly into the same building.

Seems altogether reasonable to me. A lot more than somebody who claimed
they don't watch the news explaining how CNN reports something to somebody
who just told them what CNN reported.

If they did infact fly through at 2kft on a GA aircraft, I commend them
because it is certainly not what one is accustomed to seeing from CNN.

Yeah, well, according to "one", "one" doesn't watch the news. So I'm a
little curious here about how much "one" doesn't in fact watch the news.

-c

Old October 13th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

Safety should not be regulated. If you can't fly your friggin' airplane
without augering into the side of an apartment building, you shouldn't be
flying your airplane around apartment buildings.

As a pilot-in-command, you're legally permitted to do anything
necessary to ensure the safety of your aircraft and the people aboard
(keeping the safety of others in mind as well, of course), and this
includes ignoring regulations if necessary.

Yes, we know this.

One thing that would ensure the safety of the aircraft and people aboard
would be to stay clear of apartment buildings. For example, I fly over
downtown Portland and the west hills all the time. There a "canyon" between
the west hills and the buildings of Portland that's maybe 2000' or
more...probably closer to a mile. I find that Portland is just as
spectacular at 3000' then at 1500' and, if I needed to get closer or risk
violating airspace restrictions, I find that PDX tower is perfectly
reasonable and willing to issue appropriate vectors and clearance.

It might be a lot of fun to fly between the buildings and the west hills,
but, beyond the interest of the public and GA, I have My Own Ass to think
about.

-c

Old October 13th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in message

FAA spokeswoman Laura J. Brown said Thursday the agency has decided to
review those guidelines and flight restrictions.

Lets see, a big airliner hits a building (for whatever reason) and
thousands die.

A small airplane hits a building (for whatever reason), and the occupants
of the airplane die.

Who should be restricted from flying over the city?

It's a trick question. Airliners don't fly up that corridor and haven't
flown into any buildings there except when regulations and laws were already
broken. (Like another poster said, I don't think Osama's gonna call off a
hijacking because it's an airspace violation.)

One was deliberate. The other was accidental.

-c
"If you'd wish to be a gray-haired wonder/keep your nose out of people's
apartments"

Old October 13th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyin'[email protected]

No, I assure you I mean it. Show me a single directive where any news
source have ever sent a reporter to "find the most ignorant person--"

Hey...waitaminnit...you just said you don't even WATCH THE NEWS.

Huh??? Not me....

I have a degree in journalism and a I'm a former magazine and radio news
editor. Be that as it may, I will never be required to back your claims
up for you. In the real world, we do our own homework.

Funny... I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing when you asked me to define
Journalistic Responsibility.

I am done here...

--
Mike Flyin'8
PP-ASEL
Old October 13th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyin'[email protected]

Yeah, well, according to "one", "one" doesn't watch the news. So I'm a
little curious here about how much "one" doesn't in fact watch the news.

Where did you get that from?????

Old October 13th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

wrote in message
No, I assure you I mean it. Show me a single directive where any news
source have ever sent a reporter to "find the most ignorant person--"

Hey...waitaminnit...you just said you don't even WATCH THE NEWS.

Huh??? Not me....

Well, unfortunately, I'm going to have to expose you as either a liar or
memory-challenged. Because, on the 12th you wrote:

"The company I work for had a plane crash many years ago in the Midwest and
the media took off and ran whatever they wanted to say with total
disregard for the family members of some of the crash victims. It was then
that I lost total respect for the media and since then I have
never intentionally sat down to watch the news."

So which is it? You don't watch the news, or you only watch it by accident,
or what? How would you like to change your story, Senator?

Be that as it may, I will never be required to back your claims
up for you. In the real world, we do our own homework.

Funny... I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing when you asked me to define
Journalistic Responsibility.

You're the one that brought up the term "journalistic responsibility," not
me. You shouldn't use words and terms you can't define if you expect to be
taken seriously.

I am done here...

I bet you are.

-c

Old October 13th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

wrote in message
Yeah, well, according to "one", "one" doesn't watch the news. So I'm a
little curious here about how much "one" doesn't in fact watch the news.

Where did you get that from?????

Once again, YOU:

"It was then that I lost total respect for the media and since then I have
never intentionally sat down to watch the news."

Take note of your BS so it's not used against you next time.

-c

Old October 13th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

wrote in message
Yeah, well, according to "one", "one" doesn't watch the news. So I'm a
little curious here about how much "one" doesn't in fact watch the news.

Where did you get that from?????

You:

"It was then that I lost total respect for the media and since then I have
never intentionally sat down to watch the news."

Is there some reason why we should all doubt your word? I mean, except that
you can't seem to keep track of it?

-c

Old October 13th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike 'Flyin'8'

wrote in message
No, I assure you I mean it. Show me a single directive where any news
source have ever sent a reporter to "find the most ignorant person--"

Hey...waitaminnit...you just said you don't even WATCH THE NEWS.

Huh??? Not me....

Well, unfortunately, I'm going to have to expose you as either a liar or
memory-challenged. Because, on the 12th you wrote:

"The company I work for had a plane crash many years ago in the Midwest and
the media took off and ran whatever they wanted to say with total
disregard for the family members of some of the crash victims. It was then
that I lost total respect for the media and since then I have
never intentionally sat down to watch the news."

So which is it? You don't watch the news, or you only watch it by accident,
or what? How would you like to change your story, Senator?

PSSST... You have mistaken me for someone else."

Be that as it may, I will never be required to back your claims
up for you. In the real world, we do our own homework.

Funny... I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing when you asked me to define
Journalistic Responsibility.

You're the one that brought up the term "journalistic responsibility," not
me. You shouldn't use words and terms you can't define if you expect to be
taken seriously.

I am done here...

I bet you are.

Shaking head