Laister LP-15 Nugget

Old April 10th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Laister LP-15 Nugget

I just purchased a Nugget and am very happy with it. I am looking to
connect with other Nugget owners to exchange info on this ship.
Old May 21st 09, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bret

On Apr 10, 9:16*am, wrote:
I just purchased a Nugget and am very happy with it. I am looking to
connect with other Nugget owners to exchange info on this ship.

Hi, what do you like about it? I'm looking for a solo plane as a
newbie pilot and see one for sale. Is it good for a new pilot? How
much did you pay for it?

Old May 22nd 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

advertise it here and find other Nugget. Be sure to set the group up
as "restricted" so that you must approve all people trying to join (or
you will get spamm, junk posts, etc).

I don't like Google groups as the choices for memberships does not
allow you to do what I mention for Yahoo groups.

Good luck, John
Old May 22nd 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

On Apr 10, 8:16*am, wrote:
I just purchased a Nugget and am very happy with it. I am looking to
connect with other Nugget owners to exchange info on this ship.

which one did you buy?

-P
Old May 23rd 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On May 21, 5:44*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
I don't like Google groups as the choices for memberships does not
allow you to do what I mention for Yahoo groups.

Not true - I run a Google group and have to approve all non-member
posts (I could ignore them, if I wished). Unlike all the visual
"noise" in Yahoo messages, the Google ones are pretty much just the
content.

And getting back to the topic, I flew a Nugget when the Tucson Soaring
Club had one in the late 1970's and loved it. Don't let anyone scare
you off by the landing flaps, they are a joy to use and allow for
landing touchdown at (if I recall correctly) less than 30 mph. The
ship is light with a fairly low wingloading even with water onboard,
so won't compete some of glass ships of the same era on strong days,
but does just fine in weaker conditions.

-Tom
Old May 23rd 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Tom,

When I ask the question about landing flaps, I was just curious and not meaning to imply that they are a problem. I know of several young pilots who have purchased Schreder designs as their first sailplane. To my knowledge none have had problems with the large span landing flaps.

At one time, about 12 years ago, I was considering a Laister LP-15 Nugget; however, ended up buying a HP-16 instead. I am currently flying a HP-14 and enjoy its' short field capability.

Even though written for Schreder sailplanes, reading the following link is highly recommended for anyone prior to taking their first flight in a "flaps only" glider.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/St..._HP_flight.htm

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"

Old May 24th 09, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On May 23, 2:28*pm, "Wayne Paul" wrote:
When I ask the question about landing flaps, I was just curious and not meaning to imply that they are a problem. *I know of several young pilots who have purchased Schreder designs as their first sailplane. *To my knowledge none have had problems with the large span landing flaps. *

Actually, I didn't complete my original thought... don't let someone
without experience in a landing flapped ship scare you off.

Just search RAS for comments by Wayne, Bob Whelan and others about the
non-issue of these ships - they just need a different approach to
landing and energy control.

-Tom