Leaving the community

Old November 16th 04, 07:56 PM
Newps

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Trent,

European airfields tend to start with E and L (in the south) where the
US ones start with K. The German ones start with ED, D being
Deutschland.

Yes and Alaska and Hawaii start with a P.
Old November 16th 04, 08:41 PM
Allen

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message

IMHO, scandals like those regarding Enron, Worldcom, and the Iraq War are
proof enough that you don't need to be poor to be a criminal.

I know who the criminals are at Enron and Worldcom, who are the ones in the
Iraq War?

Allen

Old November 16th 04, 08:52 PM
Peter Duniho

"Allen" wrote in message
om...
I know who the criminals are at Enron and Worldcom, who are the ones in
the
Iraq War?

The fact that you even have to ask the question makes it clear that you are
in the "never to change one's mind pro-Bush" camp. I seriously doubt you're
prepared to read my answer without prejudice.

However, it's clear to me that the President and his administration
committed fraud against Congress and the American people, in claiming to
have evidence that they did not, and in proceeding to war before fulfilling
promises made by the President.

Last I checked, fraud was still a crime.

Pete

Old November 16th 04, 11:39 PM
Matt Barrow

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
So, just for starters, who again owned that land you now live on before
your
ancestors STOLE it from them? And during building that oh so great
country,
whose labor did they STEAL by enslaving a whole race? Let me quote you
again:

That's crazy. By your definition of "stolen" there isn't a race of people
on this planet that "should" be where they are today.

How do you steal something from someone who didn't own it in the first
place?

And slave-owners WERE scum, BTW.

Easily said with a hundred and some years of hindsight.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old November 17th 04, 05:25 AM
Dave Stadt

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Allen,

Nobody knows what the results of his activities were on the world stage.

Huh? We were all there to witness it.

Good grief I hope not. That had to be a god awfull ugly picture.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 17th 04, 07:32 AM
Thomas Borchert

Matt,

How do you steal something from someone who didn't own it in the first
place?

You're kidding, right?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 17th 04, 03:14 PM
Matt Barrow

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Matt,

How do you steal something from someone who didn't own it in the first
place?

You're kidding, right?

Nope. How do you steal something neither owned, nor possessed?

Old November 17th 04, 04:11 PM
Thomas Borchert

Matt,

How do you steal something neither owned, nor possessed?

You're claiming the land now called the US was not "owned or
possessed"? You claim Native Americans somehow "don't count" because
they didn't have any ownership contracts to show? Jeeze!

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 17th 04, 06:17 PM
Jay Honeck

How do you steal something neither owned, nor possessed?

You're claiming the land now called the US was not "owned or
possessed"? You claim Native Americans somehow "don't count" because
they didn't have any ownership contracts to show? Jeeze!

Well, I don't want to put words in his mouth, but he may be coming at this
from this angle:

Native Americans, by their own beliefs, made no claim on the land, in fact
denying that it *could* be owned. It's hard to imagine "stealing" land from
people who make no claim on it.

To which I would add this: Native Americans are still here, and are a
welcome part of American society. To say that they were all killed is, in
fact, wrong.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 17th 04, 06:37 PM
jls

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Matt,

How do you steal something neither owned, nor possessed?

You're claiming the land now called the US was not "owned or
possessed"? You claim Native Americans somehow "don't count" because
they didn't have any ownership contracts to show? Jeeze!

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Thomas, you're arguing with nuts who believe their titles are from God, who,
filled with the holy spirit, believe that ownership of this continent, and
perhaps even world domination, is manifest destiny ordained by gawd
awlmighty.

But be my guest, go ahead and argue with them. It's good theater worth
more than a few chuckles. Of course,they should be sentenced to community
service as well as reading all those treaties with the Indians the USA
violated or declared to be null and void, again because of the express will
of gawd.

Leaving the community David Brooks Instrument Flight Rules 556 November 30th 04 08:08 PM
aero-domains for anybody in the aviation community secura Aviation Marketplace 1 June 26th 04 07:37 PM
Unruly Passengers SelwayKid Piloting 88 June 5th 04 08:35 AM
Report Leaving Assigned Altitude? John Clonts Instrument Flight Rules 81 March 20th 04 02:34 PM
Big Kahunas Jay Honeck Piloting 360 December 20th 03 12:59 AM