$1500 Cash Reward

Old May 27th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

Default $1500 Cash Reward

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 May 2007 10:48:05 -0500, Maxwell wrote:

I carry one most everywhere I go,

and do you inform people around you that you are armed? or your neighbors?
I won't feel very well knowing that there are armed people in my close
vicinity.

Actually that's quite illegal in my state. If you carry a concealed weapon,
you are responsible for keeping it concealed. It's actually a felony to
inform anyone except law enforcement, that you have a weapon. Unless of
coarse you are presented with a situation that pemits you to actually use
it.

I think the legislative intent is to eliminate the possibility that someone
would use it for intimidation during simple civil disputes.

I was quite uncomfortable with the conceal carry concept when it was
initially announced in my state. But after completing the necessary training
to get the license, I began to realize the entire self defense act was
actually very well written. I think if more opponents of conceal carry would
either take the training, or study the actual laws, they would find
themselves much more reassured even if they have no interest in owning or
carrying a firearm.

For some reason, the violent crime rate dropped by 27% the first year in my
state. And I have yet to hear of a licensed individual causing a problem
because they carry a weapon. But I have heard of at least a few incidents,
where it actually saved someone's life.

So if conceal carry laws worry you, take a closer look. It is a much safer
program that initially meets the eye.

Old May 27th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Maxwell writes:

Just like a spare tire to me. Never plan to need it.

Then why carry it?

Like keeping good tires
on my car, I avoid dangerous situations. But if I every have need for
either, they are both there for my convenience.

Did the car come without a spare tire?

Don't you carry a spare tire for you car? Or have you ever owned one?

I've owned cars, but they came with spare tires. I've never explicitly
loaded
a spare tire into a car, nor have I given spare tires much thought. I've
never had a flat tire.

Same with conceal carry. I never plan to use it, or put myself in harms way.
But just like a spare tire, if I every need it, it's very reassuring to know
I am qualified and licensed to have it.

Old May 27th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Maxwell writes:

Same with conceal carry. I never plan to use it, or put myself in harms way.
But just like a spare tire, if I every need it, it's very reassuring to know
I am qualified and licensed to have it.

Why do you want it concealed?
Old May 27th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"kontiki" wrote in message
chris wrote:
If guns were controlled then there would be far
fewer for the crims to lay their hands on.

Excuse me, but guns *are* controlled already. In fact,
we have laws for every conceivable act, and now... even
mere thought. But guess what? people still commit crimes.
Damn those criminals, they just don't want to play
along like good blokews and obey, eh?

The fact is that you live in a country where rights are
"bestowed" upon the gracious people by the police...
or politicians. In this country rights are natural...
that is a concept that is not understood for most people
of the world because they have never known it.

/quote

Let's go back to 1888 and the Senate Committee on Education. The committee
was addressing local control of education. Concerned was expressed that
local control of the government education process might actually result in
our children being taught too much! The committee report actually says "We
believe that education is one of the principal causes of discontent of late
years manifesting itself among the laboring classes." In other words, the
more someone knows the more discontent they become in later years.
Discontent with what? Their rulers?

We go to the Rockefeller Education Board. This is the group that funded the
creation of many of our early government schools around the country. Direct
quote my dear friends ... read this and try to absorb it:

"In our dreams ... people yield themselves with perfect docility to our
molding hands. The present educational conventions (intellectual and
character education) fade from our minds, and unhampered by tradition we
work our own good will upon a grateful and responsive folk."

/end quote

I'll leave it up to you smart folks to figure out how this dovetails.

Old May 27th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"kontiki" wrote in message
chris wrote:

I suppose you leave your guns loaded too??

AFAIK you can't even get a handgun over here without great difficulty -
we sure as hell don't want a bunch of people running around with guns!!

You freakin' whimp.

Notice that in the past ten years or so (or twenty in some places) that
crime rates outside the US (ie, Canana, UK, Europe) are rising
precipitously, while, in the US, all those gun toters have falling crime
rates.

Now, before the kneejerks come out that we have fewer robberies, we have
more murders, note that every other country COUNTS their crimes way
differently.

Also, since the most stringent gun control in the first world is MExico, can
someone explain why every category of crime there is higher? Can someone
elxplain the reciprocal in Switzerland?

Lastly, does anyone want to re-calulate murder rates if governments are not
EXEMPT? (No, that doesn't mean executions for crimes following a proper due
process).

Old May 27th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

601XL Builder wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote:
Martin Hotze wrote:
On Sat, 26 May 2007 08:58:42 GMT, Larry Dighera wrote:

The founders of our fair nation found it prudent for its people to
bear arms, so as not to be easily conquered, much as the insurgents in
Iraq are able to resist occupation.

why do you call them insurgents? If this - theoretically - happens in
the
US and the people in the US wearing weapons to defend them against a
conquerer (as you stated above), do you then call them also insurgents?

If the fighters in the US came from Canada or Mexico they would be
insurgents. Just like the people from Iran, etc. who are streaming
into Iraq to fight.

Matt

No really they wouldn't be.

in·sur·gent (Ä*n-sûr'jÉ™nt)
adj.
Rising in revolt against established authority, especially a government.
Rebelling against the leadership of a political party.

So that means that all of the Democrats in the US are now insurgents?
I love it! :-)

Matt
Old May 27th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Mxsmanic wrote:
Maxwell writes:

Same with conceal carry. I never plan to use it, or put myself in harms way.
But just like a spare tire, if I every need it, it's very reassuring to know
I am qualified and licensed to have it.

Why do you want it concealed?

Jeeze, you can't be that ignorant. At times you display amazing
understanding... and other times amazing ignorance.

Old May 27th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Martin Hotze wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2007 10:48:05 -0500, Maxwell wrote:

I carry one most everywhere I go,

and do you inform people around you that you are armed? or your neighbors?
I won't feel very well knowing that there are armed people in my close
vicinity.

That is why we don't advertise the fact that we are carrying. It is
better to keep some things private. You won't know until I need to
defend myself.

Matt
Old May 27th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
chris[_1_]

On May 28, 8:58 am, "Maxwell" wrote:
[...]

From what I've read it sounds like any nut job can carry a concealed

gun.. Are you happy for someone to walk into your work with a gun in
their pocket? Or a bank? How does the bank teller or the security
guard out front know the guy who just walked inside isn't going to
hold up the bank???

Must suck to be the police in your country, never knowing if the car
they've pulled over has a guy inside ready to draw his gun on them??
Maybe that's why our police don't kill people half as often - there's
almost no chance the guy behind the wheel has a gun, so no need to
shoot him if he comes at you???

Old May 27th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

chris wrote:
[...]

From what I've read it sounds like any nut job can carry a concealed

gun.. Are you happy for someone to walk into your work with a gun in
their pocket? Or a bank? How does the bank teller or the security
guard out front know the guy who just walked inside isn't going to
hold up the bank???

Must suck to be the police in your country, never knowing if the car
they've pulled over has a guy inside ready to draw his gun on them??
Maybe that's why our police don't kill people half as often - there's
almost no chance the guy behind the wheel has a gun, so no need to
shoot him if he comes at you???

It must suck to be in your country and be defenseless against criminals.

Matt

Wanted Cambridge 1500 mount Andy Soaring 1 October 19th 05 12:33 AM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Home Built 3 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Soaring 2 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
Compaq Aero 1500 Cradle PENN2P Soaring 1 October 18th 04 06:04 PM
1500 K in Sierra Wave?? Gary Kemp Soaring 1 March 31st 04 05:26 AM