Glider stolen in Belgium

Old March 27th 17, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider stolen in Belgium

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=70648165 1
Old March 27th 17, 10:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 7:50:18 AM UTC+3, wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=70648165 1

I was thinking "That must be a world-wide first"!!

But on closer examination I bet they were just after the BMW 530d M Sport and probably dumped the ugly trailer on the back of it on the side of the road at the first opportunity.
Old March 27th 17, 11:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_4_]

At 09:40 27 March 2017, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 7:50:18 AM UTC+3, wrote:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=70648165 1

I was thinking "That must be a world-wide first"!!

But on closer examination I bet they were just after the BMW 530d M Sport
and probably dumped the ugly trailer on the back of it on the side of the
road at the first opportunity.

Not a "World First" at all. Happened in UK 2007. Glider destroyed to get
Engine and Instruments. see:
http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/gli...club-1-1027846
Old March 27th 17, 11:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 1:15:07 PM UTC+3, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 09:40 27 March 2017, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 7:50:18 AM UTC+3, wrote:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=70648165 1

I was thinking "That must be a world-wide first"!!

But on closer examination I bet they were just after the BMW 530d M Sport
and probably dumped the ugly trailer on the back of it on the side of the
road at the first opportunity.

Not a "World First" at all. Happened in UK 2007. Glider destroyed to get
Engine and Instruments. see:
http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/gli...club-1-1027846

OK, 2nd. But I bet this person in Belgium didn't even know what was in the trailer, or look in it.
Old March 27th 17, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

Discus in Denmark a couple of years ago sprang to mind, recovered later in
I think Poland. I think the BMW was the target here.

Old March 27th 17, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

There was a Std Libelle in its trailer stolen in the northeast US back in the late 80s or early 90s? Don't think it was ever found. If memory serves me, it had been in the US Soaring Calendar a year or two previous.

Old March 28th 17, 05:19 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Munk View Post

wrote:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=70648165 1

I was thinking "That must be a world-wide first"!!

But on closer examination I bet they were just after the BMW 530d M

Sport
and probably dumped the ugly trailer on the back of it on the side of

the
road at the first opportunity.

Not a "World First" at all. Happened in UK 2007. Glider destroyed to

get
Engine and Instruments. see:

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/gli...club-1-1027846

OK, 2nd. But I bet this person in Belgium didn't even know what was in

the
trailer, or look in it.
...and a Mini Nimbus stolen and recovered in Sweden, September/October last year
Old March 29th 17, 12:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 12:50:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=70648165 1

Found this message on 'Streckenflug.at', the Austrian forum:
"Die Tage wurde bei einem Zwischenstopp in Belgien ein Auto mit angekuppeltem Anhänger, inkl. Eigenstarter nachts vor einem Hotel gestohlen. Scheinbar war das eigentlich Ziel nur das Auto, da der Anhänger inzwischen gefunden wurde. Er konnte nicht so einfach abgekuppelt werden, da er gesichert war."

In short, the trailer has been found. The note also mentions that the trailer was 'secured' to the vehicle, so I hope there is not too much damage the the tow bar.

Uli

Be aware GPS Kit can be Stolen virig Owning 3 November 25th 07 04:47 PM
Glider Stolen in Denmark Kristoffer Raun Soaring 4 July 9th 07 02:36 PM
Penn State Soaring Club Glider ***STOLEN*** Buzz!!! Soaring 12 April 2nd 06 08:51 AM
Stolen Engines MontyJ Owning 16 July 12th 04 10:54 PM
Stolen BT-13 Prop Jeff Owning 1 April 12th 04 10:43 PM