Ron did it!!

Old September 25th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
kontiki

Default Ron did it!!

M wrote:

Now remember, IFR in a light plane can only really safely go in about
20% of the instrument weather mother nature can throw at you.

Where do you get that fact? Except for icing and altitudes requiring OX
there isn't anything particularly more limiting about light planes over
heavy planes.

Old September 25th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques[_1_]

Congrats Margy! Pass on a well done from me as well.
Dudley Henriques

"Margy Natalie" wrote in message
m...
As of this morning Ron Natalie is an instrument rated pilot!! I guess all
those impromptu extra vacation days due to haze are over :-). This is
great!

Margy

Old September 25th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
John Gaquin

"Margy Natalie" wrote in message news:4516cb8d$0

As of this morning Ron Natalie is an instrument rated pilot!!

Well done!

Old September 25th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Margy Natalie

Emily wrote:
M wrote:

Congrats!

Now remember, IFR in a light plane can only really safely go in about
20% of the instrument weather mother nature can throw at you.

However, an instrument rated pilot can go in about 40% of the VFR
weather that would have been too risky for a VFR-only pilot to attempt,
due to the the risk of weather closing in being too great.

Therefore paradoxically, by getting an instrument rating you will find
yourself flying a lot more VFR than you had before :-)

Uh, ok. That's not the case for me, nor most of the pilots I know.

Congratulations to Ron anyway. But...why isn't he posting all about the
ride?

Well, he woke up at 5 to go get the plane, fly it over to the examiner

He got home about 1, we went to DC for a late lunch (double lobster
special) to celebrate, came home about 6 and he's taking a nap :-).
Probably shouldn't have scheduled a late, black-tie event the night
before an early checkride ;-).

Margy
Old September 25th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Peter R.

Margy Natalie wrote:

As of this morning Ron Natalie is an instrument rated pilot!! I guess
all those impromptu extra vacation days due to haze are over :-). This
is great!

Excellent news. Now he will have to show up in rec.aviation.ifr.

--
Peter
Old September 25th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Roger (K8RI)

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:24:07 -0400, Margy Natalie
wrote:

As of this morning Ron Natalie is an instrument rated pilot!! I guess
all those impromptu extra vacation days due to haze are over :-). This
is great!

My congratulations!

Now, when is the first solo IMC flight?

Margy

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old September 25th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Peter Duniho

"Margy Natalie" wrote in message
m...
As of this morning Ron Natalie is an instrument rated pilot!! I guess all
those impromptu extra vacation days due to haze are over :-). This is
great!

Congratulations Ron!

Old September 25th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jose[_1_]

Congratulations to Ron! Now the trick is to keep on top of it.

Jose
--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where
it keeps its brain." (chapter 10 of book 3 - Harry Potter).
Old September 25th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Margy Natalie

Peter R. wrote:
Margy Natalie wrote:

As of this morning Ron Natalie is an instrument rated pilot!! I guess
all those impromptu extra vacation days due to haze are over :-). This
is great!

Excellent news. Now he will have to show up in rec.aviation.ifr.

I think he's been lurking there for years.

Margy
Old September 25th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Margy Natalie

wrote:

As of this morning Ron Natalie is an instrument rated pilot!! I guess
all those impromptu extra vacation days due to haze are over :-). This
is great!

My congratulations!

Now, when is the first solo IMC flight?

Margy

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

He almost never gets to fly solo :-). He rarely gets to fly both ways,
we usually split the trips unless one of us is sick. Now I guess I
should fly all the time, in case it's IFR on the way back so he gets
that leg ... Nah, I don't think I can manage to make that even close to
believable :-).

Margy