Swedish underground hangars, photos

Old July 7th 03, 12:09 PM
robert arndt

Just to let you know Urban- I appreciated all the information you
supplied. However, for historical accuracy and general curiosity I
contacted Saab directly and am waiting for them to send me some info
on the A36, including any possible configuration drawings of the Surte
bomb. I'm sure Saab will fill me in on exactly what color scheme/camo
of the aircraft would have been, the units operating it, the length
and width of the bomb bay, and the size of the nuke carried. I was
going to try Bofors regarding the bomb but I'm not sure they did any
design studies at all. Bofors would have manufactured key components
of the bomb once the design was set but all I have is speculation
right now.
I thought that I would mention one man in Sweden who e-mailed me to
tell me how the government is still lying to the people and has plans
for rapid assembly of a specific type of nuclear weapon based on a FSU
design. Have you heard anything about that lately? Sweden has bought
HPM weapons from Russia and tested them (out of concern over the
threat to the Gripen) but I've never heard of Sweden offering to buy a
nuclear design from them.
Anyway, thanks for the info... now I have to wait to hear from Saab.
When I do I'll post any interesting information.

Rob