Why Pilots of America rocks...

Old September 8th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lonnie[_3_]

Default Why Pilots of America rocks...

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
. net...
on 9/7/2008 9:27 PM Jim Logajan said the following:
"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message

Socken and sucken up to Mx now, eh Mikey Mouth.

You are either using a definition of "sock puppet" that only you
understand, or you don't understand the term as other people use it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_sock_puppet

Good luck with this one. We've been trying to hammer it into Maxie's head
but he insists on his own definition.

Maybe you should expand your horizons a little beyond the troll sites, dumb
ass.

Been flying with Gertie lately?

Old September 8th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default PING: Alexa Why Pilots of America rocks...

Rich Ahrens wrote:
I've met Bertie and flown with him.

Well that explains your outlier opinion of Jay H. Wish I'd known that
earlier. It would have saved me typing time.
Old September 8th 08, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote:
"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message

Socken and sucken up to Mx now, eh Mikey Mouth.

You are either using a definition of "sock puppet" that only you
understand, or you don't understand the term as other people use it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_sock_puppet

The term sock puppet has been around much longer than the internet.

My first recollection of it was studying political history in the 9th
grade ('60s), but I have heard it used even more often in corporate
environments since. In either case it is used to indicate someone is
parroting someone else's believes or ideals.

First I've heard of that meaning. On Usenet I always took it to mean
someone posting under multiple aliases. I may be wrong, but I may be
typical in understanding it by that meaning.

The links you include below appear to me to be unrelated to the meaning
traditionally used on Usenet. To avoid confusion, you might want to modify
your accusations by saying they are parrots, or parroting, or brainwashed,
or something other than sock puppets.

Either definition works for me. I don't care if someone has created a
covert identity, or if weak minded individuals simply parrot someone
else's mission, both examples seem transparent here. Let's face it,
who cares if Bich Ahrens, Mikey Mouth or any of the .kook folks, is a
fake identity operated by Bertie, or just another weak minded fool
sucking up to him. They both serve the same purpose.

Links included only because I like ya.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...al+Sock+Puppet

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ama-picks-holl
ywood-sock

http://ohiodailyblog.com/content/sar...in-sock-puppet

Old September 8th 08, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lonnie[_3_]

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message

First I've heard of that meaning. On Usenet I always took it to mean
someone posting under multiple aliases. I may be wrong, but I may be
typical in understanding it by that meaning.

The links you include below appear to me to be unrelated to the meaning
traditionally used on Usenet. To avoid confusion, you might want to modify
your accusations by saying they are parrots, or parroting, or brainwashed,
or something other than sock puppets.

If we can't tell one from the other, and they both serve the same purpose,
why do they need two names.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, you've
got a duck.

Considering their actual motives, I guess we could call the real people
"suck puppets".

Old September 8th 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

on 9/8/2008 12:07 AM Lonnie said the following:
"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
First I've heard of that meaning. On Usenet I always took it to mean
someone posting under multiple aliases. I may be wrong, but I may be
typical in understanding it by that meaning.

The links you include below appear to me to be unrelated to the meaning
traditionally used on Usenet. To avoid confusion, you might want to modify
your accusations by saying they are parrots, or parroting, or brainwashed,
or something other than sock puppets.

If we can't tell one from the other, and they both serve the same purpose,
why do they need two names.

Because anyone with two working neurons can tall the difference. Which
eliminates you, I realize...

Considering their actual motives, I guess we could call the real people
"suck puppets".

Considering the amount of crap you spew, we'll just have to keep calling
you an asshole.
Old September 8th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

on 9/7/2008 11:32 PM Jim Logajan said the following:
Rich Ahrens wrote:
I've met Bertie and flown with him.

Well that explains your outlier opinion of Jay H. Wish I'd known that
earlier. It would have saved me typing time.

Jumping to conclusions, aren't you? I've met numerous folks here, flown
with a number of them, and been to more rec.aviation fly-ins in
Pinckneyville than everyone but the hosts. My opinion is my own, not
imposed by anyone else. And it is less of an outlier than you believe.
Old September 8th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

On Sep 7, 5:14*pm, Rich Ahrens wrote:
In this case there is at least one other
option: that Bertie is not a flaming asshole troll. This clearly meets

Theres people who think Bertie isn't a flaming asshole troll?
Old September 8th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Why Pilots of America sucks..

Mxsmanic wrote:

This pattern is typical of virtually all moderated forums. They essentially
become social clubs for a small group of regulars, and all interaction is
social, rather than intellectual. Anything that rocks the boat is rejected.
Unfortunately, debate by definition rocks the boat.

Well the link that the buttman posted wasn't in the Aviation chat area.
it was in the "Pilots Lounge" that is described as...

"Forums in this category are not necessarily aviation specific. These
forums are our "Virtual Pilot's Lounge" where you can come in, chat,
have a cup of (virtual) coffee and a (virtual) donut and talk about just
about anything you like. "

The on topic aviation post can be found in "Controlled Airspace."

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum...isplay.php?f=4

"All forums within this category are Aviation Only forums. Topics posted
here not dealing with Aviation in some way will be moved or deleted."
Old September 8th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stella Starr

Jim Logajan wrote:
Dave wrote:
Opinions vary...

A problem I am attempting to correct. Everyone should have my opinion!
The world would be a much more congenial place.

Okay, dear. Whatever you say. I agree completely.

(I just love the little thrill it gives a guy when I say that!)
Old September 8th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote in :

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
. ..

That sounds like the start of a "Live forever" joke -- it's not
forever, it just seems that way in OK. But an OK friend had a nice
comeback. "Why do all the trees in OK lean toward Texas?"

"Texas sucks".

I admit it. I laughed. Now I'm ashamed!

If it wasn't for Oklahoma truckers and Mexican whores, there would never
have been a Texas.

Yeh, Maxine, We're thirlled you'r proud of your roots.

Bertie

Pilots/Aerial Photographers in South America terrygeosearch General Aviation 3 February 1st 05 01:53 PM
Pilots/Aerial Photographers in South America terrygeosearch Piloting 2 February 1st 05 08:21 AM
it rocks! caroline Piloting 0 September 18th 04 03:14 AM
Drunk America West pilots cannot be prosecuted Neil Gould Piloting 21 August 10th 03 07:41 PM
Demolition Dick Dot Com Rocks!!! BEEPER708 Products 1 August 9th 03 11:29 AM