Why Pilots of America rocks...

Old September 4th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Why Pilots of America rocks...

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jay Honeck writes:

There is no need or reason for anyone here to stoop to
personal attacks, at any time. That sort of crap doesn't forward any
conversation, ever.

Nevertheless, stupid people will routinely resort to personal attacks,
often very early in a conversation. It's extremely predictable and
reliable.

Until the "Bertie-MX-Maxie-Rich-Mikey Troll-o-Rama Show" began,
personal attacks here were exceedingly rare.

They have always been common. I see examples of them again and again
in virtually every newsgroup on USENET, including this one.

Now there's a surprise.

Bertie
Old September 4th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

They have always been common. I see examples of them again and again in
virtually every newsgroup on USENET, including this one.

That's because your entry to this group precipitated the worst troll
invasion ever seen here. I don't know why, exactly -- I find your postings
to be relatively harmless, occasionally amusing, and often on-topic -- and
perhaps it was coincidental -- but there is no doubt that your entrance here
occurred right before the entry of "Bertie" and his sock-puppets, and the
exit of so many regular posters.

Some of the worst offenders are regular posters in the group.

Sadly, you're right. But only because so many of the good folks have left.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 4th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sep 4, 1:15*pm, "Viperdoc" wrote:
Anthony, did you ever stop to think that you and the nature of your posts
might have something to do with the responses they elicit?

Actually, it's not the nature of his posts..... It's the nature of his
in real air. The two simply doesn't intertwine.

I have never had leans on MSFS. I have never felt a botched landing
in MSFS. I have never felt positive or negative G's in MSFS. I have
never experienced the shear beauty of breaking out at minimums in
MSFS, or breaking out on top in MSFS.

Yet he will challenge me on what I am suppose to feel and do in a real
plane. I DON"T THINK SO. He has already claimed I am unsafe pilot on
using trends and expected reactions in IMC, yet he has never touched a
cloud behind the controls of an airplane that flies in the air in the
real world away from a computer.

SO I REPEAT AGAIN, it's is the tone of his responses that are the
problem in that simming is like real world.

But he will followup to my response with some antidotical (sp?)
response that doesn't address the issue that simming and flying a real
airplane are not the same and he will claim it is the same.

I do both, so I can talk from both sides of the coin.

He can't and doesn't belong in a group for pilots when there are
groups for simming that can answer his questions. And his questions
that pertain to rules, like following roads, he doesn't need us. FARS
provides all the answers for questions like that.

When I ask him direct questions, he doesn't answer and won't answer.
History already proves this.
Old September 5th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

They have always been common. I see examples of them again and again
in virtually every newsgroup on USENET, including this one.

That's because your entry to this group precipitated the worst troll
invasion ever seen here. I don't know why, exactly -- I find your
postings to be relatively harmless, occasionally amusing, and often
on-topic -- and perhaps it was coincidental -- but there is no doubt
that your entrance here occurred right before the entry of "Bertie"
and his sock-puppets, and the exit of so many regular posters.

What sock puppets?

Bertie
Old September 5th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jay Honeck writes:

That's because your entry to this group precipitated the worst troll
invasion ever seen here. I don't know why, exactly -- I find your postings
to be relatively harmless, occasionally amusing, and often on-topic -- and
perhaps it was coincidental -- but there is no doubt that your entrance here
occurred right before the entry of "Bertie" and his sock-puppets, and the
exit of so many regular posters.

I'm not sure that there is a connection.

Sadly, you're right. But only because so many of the good folks have left.

Which folks were those?
Old September 5th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lonnie[_3_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Jay Honeck writes:

That's because your entry to this group precipitated the worst troll
invasion ever seen here. I don't know why, exactly -- I find your
postings
to be relatively harmless, occasionally amusing, and often on-topic --
and
perhaps it was coincidental -- but there is no doubt that your entrance
here
occurred right before the entry of "Bertie" and his sock-puppets, and the
exit of so many regular posters.

I'm not sure that there is a connection.

You're not sure of anything.

Old September 5th 08, 06:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stella Starr

Jay Honeck wrote:
There is no need or reason for anyone here to stoop to
personal attacks, at any time.

Really.
Let me just fetch up...
"Given your known political stance, however, (somewhere to the left of
Hugo Chavez) it adds up..."

posted by one Jay Honeck, Sept 1, 2008 6:05 AM
Old September 5th 08, 06:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote in :

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Jay Honeck writes:

That's because your entry to this group precipitated the worst troll
invasion ever seen here. I don't know why, exactly -- I find your
postings
to be relatively harmless, occasionally amusing, and often on-topic
-- and
perhaps it was coincidental -- but there is no doubt that your
entrance here
occurred right before the entry of "Bertie" and his sock-puppets,
and the exit of so many regular posters.

I'm not sure that there is a connection.

You're not sure of anything.

Everyone is sure about you, however.

Bertie
Old September 5th 08, 07:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Sep 4, 12:42*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

They have always been common. *I see examples of them again and again in
virtually every newsgroup on USENET, including this one.

Anthony, honest, simple question. Were you around this group years
ago? 5 years ago? 7 years ago?
I suspect not. HOW can you say "they have always been common?"
Anthony, they have not always been common here!
You are wrong once again.

Ricky
Old September 5th 08, 11:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Stella Starr wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:
There is no need or reason for anyone here to stoop to
personal attacks, at any time.

Really.
Let me just fetch up...
"Given your known political stance, however, (somewhere to the left of
Hugo Chavez) it adds up..."

posted by one Jay Honeck, Sept 1, 2008 6:05 AM

Nonetheless, Jay's point is correct. There is no need. Regardless
of whether or not people have done it, there is no value in personal attacks.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Pilots/Aerial Photographers in South America terrygeosearch General Aviation 3 February 1st 05 01:53 PM
Pilots/Aerial Photographers in South America terrygeosearch Piloting 2 February 1st 05 08:21 AM
it rocks! caroline Piloting 0 September 18th 04 03:14 AM
Drunk America West pilots cannot be prosecuted Neil Gould Piloting 21 August 10th 03 07:41 PM
Demolition Dick Dot Com Rocks!!! BEEPER708 Products 1 August 9th 03 11:29 AM