accident in italy

Old April 24th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David O'Brien

Default accident in italy

Hello,

I just heard that a clubmember of mine just died in an accident in italy
today.
Is there anybody who can give me more information about this accident? I
don't know if he flew a glider, motorglider or ulralight.

Thanks
David
Old April 26th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Nuttall

Default accident in italy (actually Switzerland) ?

There was a fatal mid-air NEAR to Italy at the weekend.
See:
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...GEN-Switzerlan
d-Glider-Crash.php

for details.

Gary

Old April 26th 07, 08:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cernauta2

On 25 Apr 2007 23:08:21 GMT, Gary Nuttall
wrote:

There was a fatal mid-air NEAR to Italy at the weekend.
See:
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...GEN-Switzerlan
d-Glider-Crash.php

There was also this one:
http://www.dedalonews.it/it/index.ph...nte-due-morti/
a Falke motorglider, with two German citizens. Seems like they might
have had engine troubles.

I know of no other fatal accidents.

Aldo Cernezzi
Old April 26th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David O'Brien

cernauta2 wrote:
There was also this one:
http://www.dedalonews.it/it/index.ph...nte-due-morti/
a Falke motorglider, with two German citizens. Seems like they might
have had engine troubles.

I know of no other fatal accidents.

Aldo Cernezzi

this one's it! thanks a lot, unfortunately my italian is based on my
latin, and that's a bit rusty... so it's said that they might have had
troubles with the engine?

it's really tragic, two experienced pilots dead because of engine
troubles... I hope the investigations bring up some facts.

David
Old April 27th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cernauta2

this one's it! thanks a lot, unfortunately my italian is based on my
latin, and that's a bit rusty... so it's said that they might have had
troubles with the engine?

A crude automated translation:
The power-driven glider Scheibe SF-25C D-KEFI is fallen yesterday in
the bed of the Brembo river, to 1.700 meters of elevation. In the
incident the two persons have lost the life, that the local press she
identifies like Walter Rudolf Fritzsche (78 years, pilot) and Claus
Dieter Hornschild (66 years, passenger). The power-driven glider had
taken off from the aviosuperficie of Caiolo, distant approximately
twenty kilometers from the place of the incident. The National Agency
for the Safety of the Flight (www.ansv.it) has opened the technical
inquiry of competence and envoy an investigator on the place

There are some pictures here
http://www.eco.bg.it/EcoOnLine/CRONA...lleggero.shtml

and another translation:
They were in vacation close to Caiolo, province of Sondrio, the two
German tourists who have lost the life today in Carona, in High
Brembana valley, when the power-driven glider on which was completing
a excursion is fallen, ending on the gravel bed of the Brembo river in
locality Pra del Lac. The tragedy has been consumed around 14,45: the
ultralight - according to the story of some residents of the zone -
before has emitted some explosions, then has seemed to limp. It was at
a low altitude, and this has prevented to the pilot to land gliding
down: the aircraft has hit a tree, that it has broken a wing. The two
victims had left this morning from the aviosuperficie of Caiolo -
where they had arrived friday with their airplane for a vacation - for
a first flight: in particular the pilot, oldest, knew the zone of the
valley, where he had already flown some years ago. The first excursion
had been concluded without problems. In the afternoon one new
departure, around to the 14: according to expert just the fact that
the power-driven glider, Falke model, flew low therefore are probably
a sign of the fact that the aircraft had had some problem.

it's really tragic, two experienced pilots dead because of engine
troubles... I hope the investigations bring up some facts.

that will take some 2 years before we have reliable conclusions.
You may check the website www.ansv.it

Sorry for you friend.

Aldo

David

Italy between wars. Postcard 3 Fabio Aviation Photos 0 March 20th 07 10:49 PM
Gliding near Florence italy [email protected] Soaring 1 August 22nd 06 12:33 PM
Fatal accident in Italy 2cernauta2 Soaring 1 April 4th 06 05:50 PM
Soaring in north Italy Yuval S Soaring 4 January 15th 06 09:39 PM
Soaring in Italy aerowujek Soaring 1 April 19th 04 11:08 AM