Glider delivery

Old October 16th 12, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Glider delivery

On Monday, October 15, 2012 8:07:41 PM UTC-6, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Monday, October 15, 2012 7:56:06 PM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:

On Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:10:14 PM UTC-5, (unknown) wrote:

What should one expect to pay for having a glider delivered...cost per mile?

Might depend on how much hassle is involved. Trailer that needs work or is unstable at any speed, I would charge more for. A Cobra that pulls great and makes my van actually get better mileage, my fee would be less.

What are you try to move and how quickly do you want to move it? Found out yesterday that the cruise on my car will hold 110 MPH!

Steve

Had a big dust devil about rip the front door off a CAP K-21 Cobra trailer in NM. Opened it and tore the sheet metal. They didn't have the keys, so I couldn't lock it. Lock the front door of a Cobra trailer people, parked or on the road.

I found that at and above 85mph my truck will stay in OD on the upgrades. At 75 it keeps kicking into 3rd, which is god awful. Mostly mountain west, the Ozarks, and Pennsylvania. No tickets yet.

Frank

AFAIK, there are only four different Cobra trailer key patterns.
Old October 16th 12, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Monday, October 15, 2012 9:08:25 PM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:

AFAIK, there are only four different Cobra trailer key patterns.

I just bought one of each not long ago. Proved useful at the Worlds, as one team had lost their keys, and just happened to wander over and ask if I had a set they could try out. Not much of an investment, and can be quite handy when someone inevitably comes to the field without their keys.

Steve

Old October 16th 12, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

We used my brother's pickup and he's a lapsed glider pilot. Our own trip
was from Moriarty to Syracuse, NY so the Chicago to Elmira delivery only
added about 150 miles to the trip. The owner was in a hurry to have the
glider delivered to Harris Hill. We drove a couple of hours and got a room.
The trailer reduced our mileage, but the money helped pay for our original
trip. Everybody was happy.

Old October 16th 12, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Monday, October 15, 2012 9:08:25 PM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:

AFAIK, there are only four different Cobra trailer key patterns.

Williams Soaring lists 6 different key numbers. $4.50 each. But, I only use this super-power for good, and not evil.

Steve

Old October 16th 12, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:59:43 AM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Monday, October 15, 2012 9:08:25 PM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:

AFAIK, there are only four different Cobra trailer key patterns.

Williams Soaring lists 6 different key numbers. $4.50 each. But, I only use this super-power for good, and not evil.

Steve

Six? Good to know. Only time I had a real issue other than the K21 trailer was solved as George's shop had about 50 key types hanging on the wall. Found one that worked for the front and another for the back;^)

Frank

Delivery Service K Soaring 3 August 10th 12 06:56 PM
First A380 delivery Kingfish Piloting 49 October 18th 07 04:10 AM
sailplane delivery fox victor Soaring 0 September 8th 05 01:58 AM
Sailplane Delivery WDM Soaring 0 August 24th 05 01:22 AM
European Delivery Steve B Soaring 2 September 16th 03 05:01 AM