2003 Ventus 2C for sale

Old May 29th 04, 03:14 AM
ASW24

$144,000 doesn't seem right. When the dollar was at its strongest, you
could get a '27 fully equipped for $75,000, and the V2c was only
slightly more expensive. The euro may be 40% higher now, but that
doesn't take the price to $144,000.

Actually it is right on. I purcahsed a V2C in 2001, traded money at .82 and
..87 $ per Euro and by the time I had all the options, trailer, shipping and
insturtments and O2 I had paid $ 97,000. We have had a 40 % drop in the dollar
verus the Euro. If you have never bought a new glider you just do not have any
ideas. Tom was the dealer for many years, don't ya think he might know how
much a new V2 is???

craig
Old May 29th 04, 04:23 AM
Jack

Marc Ramsey wrote:

The price of new gliders affects all of us. If a significant portion of
those who would normally buy new gliders stop, then they don't sell
their old ships, which means those who would have traded up to the newer
used gliders, hold on to their older used gliders, etc., ultimately
raising the price of a smaller number of decent lower cost gliders that
end up on the market.

Yes, I've heard the Mantra before. I don't believe that's the real problem.

There are 1-26s on the market for a few thousand. These and other low
performance ships are what new guys and gals should be buying and flying. If
those with more lofty aspirations gave the entry level ships their due around
the campfire instead of disparaging them, it might help retention of new glider
pilots who are not blessed with deep pockets.

The availability of $100,000+ ships is not going to save soaring in N. America.
Newbies don't invest in Deutsche-glass while paying off their student loans. The
availability of a new generation of low to moderate priced N. American ships to
which beginners can actually aspire is more likely to be the answer to our
prayers -- if we can hangar our sophomoric lust for dream-ships whose potential
99% of us will never reach.

Let's spend our money where it counts -- on tows and trailers and training and
practice, practice, practice.

Jack
Old May 29th 04, 05:21 PM
Armando Pucci

You are a really luck guys!

In many countries you have to pay importation tax and
duties…

To import my Ventus 2cM I paid ocean freight, container
rental fee, insurance, and 30% as tax…

A few years ago, I paid USD 2k jus to delivery a Cobra
trailer to SZD in Poland, and 50% importation taxes...
and the glider delay 3 months due a frozen port in
Poland and more 60 due a port straick in Brazil...

So, USD 120k for a glider or USD$ 150k for a motorglider
ready to fly is a nice bargain!

Sds. VoLo.

Armando R. Pucci
Ventus 2cM (AR) s/n# 115
Sao Paulo/Brazil

Old May 29th 04, 10:42 PM
Chet

So, USD 120k for a glider or USD$ 150k for a motorglider
ready to fly is a nice bargain!

Well then you are going to be really impressed with the price of my PW-5 for
sale, in contest ready condition. $25,500.

PW-5 120 TT, Excellent Condition and contest ready with current annual!
Applelby seals, parachute, Mircroair, Borget B-40, Borget B-50 and
Volkslogger all integrated with Winpilot 5.20 and an Ipaq 3955. Includes
wind stands, tow out gear, spares, etc. Complete with a beautiful all
aluminum COBRA trailer with World Class Logo. $26,500. East Coast delivery
included in price. Photos available soon! Look for RAS posting.

Old May 30th 04, 01:14 AM
ADP

We tend to get a bit USA centric from time to time. Thanks for the
reminder. We are now paying about
USD 2.30 per gallon for regular gasoline here and it is killing us!

I know it is more expensive in most other countries.

The costs for my motor glider to ship from Slovenia to Cobra is ? 937.00
including insurance, ? 96.00 for handling charges
and about $3300 to ship glider plus trailer from Europe to Los Angeles.

In case the Euro symbol doesn't survive, the first two amounts are in Euros
and the last is in USD.

This seems fairly reasonable to me.

You are right in that there are no taxes assessed in the US for the
importation.
Many States, however, will assess personal property and/or sales taxes.
In most States these will rarely exceed $1200 or so, including the trailer
registration.

Lucky we are and thanks again for the reminder.

Allan

"Armando Pucci" wrote in message
You are a really luck guys!

In many countries you have to pay importation tax and
duties.

To import my Ventus 2cM I paid ocean freight, container
rental fee, insurance, and 30% as tax.

....Snip...

Old May 30th 04, 04:30 PM
Guy Byars

wind stands, tow out gear, spares, etc. Complete with a beautiful all
aluminum COBRA trailer with World Class Logo. $26,500. East Coast delivery
included in price. Photos available soon! Look for RAS posting.

Gosh, for $26.5k I would at least expect a motor of some sort.

Old June 7th 04, 01:51 AM
Mark

Hi Al,

Don't complain too much about the price of fuel! We pay A$4.50 per
gallon downunder. Maybe you should take the drive belt off the
supercharger on the Ford!! :-)

Cheers

Mark
Old June 7th 04, 09:40 AM
Andrew Warbrick

Mark,

I wouldn't whinge too much if I were you, petrol is
more than twice that price here in the UK.