Hotel Room Themes

Old June 1st 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Hotel Room Themes

Jay,
I know that you already have your rooms setup with different themes. But, do
you have a bar and does it have a theme?
As a huge Jimmy Buffett fan I thought that you might like the idea of
designing it similar to the "Lone Palm" located in Orlando, Florida.
Jimmy Buffett is also a pilot and his songs sometimes include references to
it.
Click on the link below to see an idea for an outside or inside bar.
http://www.buffettworld.com/download...almairport.jpg

David - KORL

Old June 1st 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"FLAV8R" wrote in message
Jay,
I know that you already have your rooms setup with different themes. But,
do you have a bar and does it have a theme?
As a huge Jimmy Buffett fan I thought that you might like the idea of
designing it similar to the "Lone Palm" located in Orlando, Florida.
Jimmy Buffett is also a pilot and his songs sometimes include references
to it.
Click on the link below to see an idea for an outside or inside bar.
http://www.buffettworld.com/download...almairport.jpg

David - KORL

My cousin used to work in Orlando at Avemco (?) (aircraft insurance) and
said that now and again a Gulfstream (or something) would taxi up to their
office and out come a guy in shorts and flip flops... Seems that his branch
insured Jimmy Buffett's aircrafts and JB would come in every now and again.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0622-2, 05/31/2006
Tested on: 5/31/2006 6:58:03 PM

Old June 1st 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"C. Massey" wrote in message ...
My cousin used to work in Orlando at Avemco (?) (aircraft insurance) and
said that now and again a Gulfstream (or something) would taxi up to their
office and out come a guy in shorts and flip flops... Seems that his
branch insured Jimmy Buffett's aircrafts and JB would come in every now
and again.

I don't know about the Gulfstream but I have seen the Falcon Jet at KORL.
Click this link for a picture of the actual Falcon
http://www.buffettworld.com/images/p_falconnew.jpg
And a few years back I also saw the Caravan.
I don't know if he actually owns all four still, but the inventory included
the PBY, Falcon, Stearman and the Caravan.
Must be nice to make a living at something you really enjoy and get paid so
well for it that you can have all those toys.

David

Old June 1st 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"FLAV8R" wrote:

Jay,
I know that you already have your rooms setup with different themes. But, do
you have a bar and does it have a theme?
As a huge Jimmy Buffett fan I thought that you might like the idea of
designing it similar to the "Lone Palm" located in Orlando, Florida.
Jimmy Buffett is also a pilot and his songs sometimes include references to
it.
Click on the link below to see an idea for an outside or inside bar.
http://www.buffettworld.com/download...almairport.jpg

If you look at the photos of the pre-OSH pool parties, you will notice a
structure very similar to the one in the link you posted. Of course....
that was pre tornado.
Old June 1st 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"FLAV8R" wrote in message
"C. Massey" wrote in message ...
My cousin used to work in Orlando at Avemco (?) (aircraft insurance) and
said that now and again a Gulfstream (or something) would taxi up to
their office and out come a guy in shorts and flip flops... Seems that
his branch insured Jimmy Buffett's aircrafts and JB would come in every
now and again.

I don't know about the Gulfstream but I have seen the Falcon Jet at KORL.
Click this link for a picture of the actual Falcon
http://www.buffettworld.com/images/p_falconnew.jpg
And a few years back I also saw the Caravan.
I don't know if he actually owns all four still, but the inventory
included the PBY, Falcon, Stearman and the Caravan.
Must be nice to make a living at something you really enjoy and get paid
so well for it that you can have all those toys.

David

That's why I said "or something" afterwards. Wasn't sure exactly what it
was.

The best concert that I have ever been to was Buffett! What a blast!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0622-2, 05/31/2006
Tested on: 5/31/2006 10:05:52 PM

Old June 1st 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Click on the link below to see an idea for an outside or inside bar.
http://www.buffettworld.com/download...almairport.jpg

If you look at the photos of the pre-OSH pool parties, you will notice a
structure very similar to the one in the link you posted. Of course....
that was pre tornado.

Amazingly, the gazebo (minus the roof, which we take off in the off-season)
survived relatively intact.

The bar itself was tossed a good five feet -- amazing, since it takes two
strong guys to even move it an inch or two.

The propane gas grill was tossed right THROUGH the fence. So, for those
who wish to partake in this year's Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party (Saturday,
July 22nd), you will be able to "ooo" and "ahhh" over our brand, spanking
new pool fence!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 1st 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I know that you already have your rooms setup with different themes. But,
do you have a bar and does it have a theme?
As a huge Jimmy Buffett fan I thought that you might like the idea of
designing it similar to the "Lone Palm" located in Orlando, Florida.

Funny you should mention that. We are currently toying with the idea of
opening a "real" bar at the inn (currently, we serve free beer to friends
only -- nothing "for profit" or to strangers), and the aviation themed
"Margaritaville" concept is a good match for us.

Just ask Jim Burns about our Jimmy Buffet experience in Las Vegas this past
March... (We're both are still proudly wearing our "Air Margaritaville"
hats, with Buffet's Grumman Albatross on it!)

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 1st 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Just ask Jim Burns about our Jimmy Buffet experience in Las Vegas this
past
March... (We're both are still proudly wearing our "Air Margaritaville"
hats, with Buffet's Grumman Albatross on it!)

HA! Now there's a great memory!! Our Jimmy Buffet Mobile Margaritaville
experience was fun. I've decided that a trip to Vegas just isn't complete
without a day roaming up and down the strip going from one Margarita stop to
the next. And the JB M'ville-rittas were honestly the best on the strip
(especially when purchased in bulk and dispersed in the Ritta-by-the-Yard"
glasses!). All that was missing were airplane noises, sorry, tour
helicopter noises just didn't cut it

I think if you can make a sand beach around the pool, pump out calypso and
Buffet music, buy a frozen Margarita machine, and then add in the KIOW
airplane noises, you'll have a hit. At least with this crowd!

And yep, my Buffet Airways Air Crew hat is my current favorite.

Jim

Old June 1st 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim Burns" wrote in message ...
I think if you can make a sand beach around the pool, pump out calypso and
Buffet music, buy a frozen Margarita machine, and then add in the KIOW
airplane noises, you'll have a hit. At least with this crowd!

Did you say Margarita Machine?!
Well step right up and click on this here link
http://www.margaritavillecargo.com/

David

"The weather is here, wish you were beautiful" - Jimmy Buffett

Standing room only ~ Is this a joke? Flyingmonk Piloting 7 April 27th 06 06:20 PM
'Room Temperature' Anthony Home Built 11 August 23rd 04 07:36 PM
Madeline Island and Richard I. Bong Museum PIREP Jay Honeck Piloting 3 July 20th 04 03:21 AM
Thursday's Basrak hotel bombing John Keeney Military Aviation 0 March 21st 04 06:15 AM
Anyone want to split room for SSA Convention Jeff Landfield Soaring 1 January 27th 04 05:05 PM