A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

CNv ADC Connections Question

Old February 22nd 19, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Meade
external usenet poster

Default CNv ADC Connections Question

I seek info on the connections between the ClearNavII display and the CNv ADC plug.

The plug has 10 sockets. 1/2 speaker, 3/4 spoiler/gear, 5/6 spoiler/gear, 7/8 spoiler/gear/OAT, 9/10 Ground & power. The 3 center pairs are configurable.

I am using 7/8 for OAT. 3/4 and 5/6 are therefore available for spoiler and gear warning connections.

3/4 in my CNv is occupied by wires that seem to go to the CNII. When I remove them and insert spoiler wires, I lose the ADC function of the CNv.

My understanding is that 3/4 are not used for other than the book stated purpose. I am unable to find out what is using 3/4 and how I can get that free and still retain the function of whatever the present wire provide.

Question - do you have a CNv with the 3/4 wires to the ADC socket populated by something other than spoiler/gear circuits, and if so can you tell me what those unknown wires do?

Old February 22nd 19, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 12:36:13 AM UTC-5, Jim Meade wrote:
I seek info on the connections between the ClearNavII display and the CNv ADC plug.

The plug has 10 sockets. 1/2 speaker, 3/4 spoiler/gear, 5/6 spoiler/gear, 7/8 spoiler/gear/OAT, 9/10 Ground & power. The 3 center pairs are configurable.

I am using 7/8 for OAT. 3/4 and 5/6 are therefore available for spoiler and gear warning connections.

3/4 in my CNv is occupied by wires that seem to go to the CNII. When I remove them and insert spoiler wires, I lose the ADC function of the CNv.

My understanding is that 3/4 are not used for other than the book stated purpose. I am unable to find out what is using 3/4 and how I can get that free and still retain the function of whatever the present wire provide.

Question - do you have a CNv with the 3/4 wires to the ADC socket populated by something other than spoiler/gear circuits, and if so can you tell me what those unknown wires do?

Communication between CNv and CNII happens on the serial port (phone jack connections). No idea what you have on 3 & 4. Seems unlikely that this would be related to ADC problem. ADC problem: call CNi.

best,
Evan Ludeman

Old February 23rd 19, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Meade
external usenet poster

After talking with Rex today, we figured out that the wires to 3/4 were from a manual switch to a cruise/climb.
We decided to move that function to 7/8 in parallel with the OAT per design.
Using 3/4 and 5/6 as designed and verifying the profile upgrade, I was able to get GEAR and SPOILER presentations as designed.
This CN installation was accomplished in Slovenia where the glider was built and the installers undoubtedly got C/C to work and didn't worry about following any nominal procedures.