CNv ADC Connections Question

Old February 22nd 19, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Meade

Default CNv ADC Connections Question

I seek info on the connections between the ClearNavII display and the CNv ADC plug.

The plug has 10 sockets. 1/2 speaker, 3/4 spoiler/gear, 5/6 spoiler/gear, 7/8 spoiler/gear/OAT, 9/10 Ground & power. The 3 center pairs are configurable.

I am using 7/8 for OAT. 3/4 and 5/6 are therefore available for spoiler and gear warning connections.

3/4 in my CNv is occupied by wires that seem to go to the CNII. When I remove them and insert spoiler wires, I lose the ADC function of the CNv.

My understanding is that 3/4 are not used for other than the book stated purpose. I am unable to find out what is using 3/4 and how I can get that free and still retain the function of whatever the present wire provide.

Question - do you have a CNv with the 3/4 wires to the ADC socket populated by something other than spoiler/gear circuits, and if so can you tell me what those unknown wires do?

Old February 22nd 19, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 12:36:13 AM UTC-5, Jim Meade wrote:
[...]

Communication between CNv and CNII happens on the serial port (phone jack connections). No idea what you have on 3 & 4. Seems unlikely that this would be related to ADC problem. ADC problem: call CNi.

best,
Evan Ludeman

Old February 23rd 19, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Meade

After talking with Rex today, we figured out that the wires to 3/4 were from a manual switch to a cruise/climb.
We decided to move that function to 7/8 in parallel with the OAT per design.
Using 3/4 and 5/6 as designed and verifying the profile upgrade, I was able to get GEAR and SPOILER presentations as designed.
This CN installation was accomplished in Slovenia where the glider was built and the installers undoubtedly got C/C to work and didn't worry about following any nominal procedures.

ARC RT-359A connections Lars Home Built 3 July 8th 14 09:01 PM
Colibri V3 connections Steve Soaring 3 February 13th 12 01:38 PM
LX4000 GPS Connections Brian[_1_] Soaring 4 April 28th 08 04:38 AM
Hotellier connections Mike Soaring 38 September 28th 04 04:30 PM
Commercial - Pocket PC Connections Paul Remde Soaring 0 May 18th 04 06:30 AM