Does anyone think it's strange...

Old August 5th 03, 03:42 AM
Capt. Doug

Badwater Bill wrote in message SHHHHHHHUUUUU. Quiet. Don't tell em I got
caught landing that A-star
on the green sand beach at South Point on the Big Island and swimming
nude for the afternoon with a 19 year old with big titts.

What was his name?

Flying a French helicopter? No wonder they threw you out. If you want a
machine that bobbles while hovering, try a Bell 430.

D.

Old August 6th 03, 12:10 PM
Badwater Bill

What was his name?

Cookie! Ha, fooled you on that one Doug. Big tits too.

Flying a French helicopter? No wonder they threw you out. If you want a
machine that bobbles while hovering, try a Bell 430.

Too much fuel burn. Too much weight. Too much too much.
I swear to God when I want to have fun, I go out in a Robinson R-22
alone and with half fuel, a cool day and with the doors off.

Flying that baby is about like flying a Lycoming strapped to your
back. It's bare bones horsepower.

I fly a Jet Ranger mostly but fly the R-44 Raven's too. They are nice
and they go into high density altitude places, etc. But, for just
going out and screwing around the little high performance R-22 is
about the best bang for the buck on Earth.

I'm a little different in the way I think about things after 50 years
of flying. I like things that are simple and light weight. I'm tired
of the "big iron." A Huey is no fun to fly. Too big, too heavy.
Just like airplanes, I don't enjoy flying an Aero Commander if I'm
just out to feel the sky. I think that tiny little RV-6 I owned all
those years was about the most fun you could have with your clothes
on.

Hell, I even flew an old Cessna-172 (1956 model) the other day. It
was like flying a hang glider. It was tiny, the little wheel in it
was like a toy in my hand. There were no heavy control pressures. It
was a true delight.

You keep on flying the "Big Iron" Doug, if that's what you get a kick
out of. Most of my buddies nowadays are opting to fly the new flying
wing suit they use when they skydive. The lighter and less
complicated the flying machine is, the more fun it is. No flying
machine is the most fun (free fall). Here, you use your fingertips to
control your pitch and roll.

I have a Snobird Gyroplane I fly all the time too. I think it weighs
about 300 pounds (500 with me in it). It's got about 50 horsepower,
so I have about 1 hp for each 10 pounds. The Robbie is the same at
about 100 hp for 1000 pounds.

I swear, it's like strapping a rocket belt to your ass then heading
off into the sky. Can't beat it.

**** the Bell 430. Big bulky piece of **** that hovers itself because
it's got soo much mass it can't move.

BWB

D.

Old August 7th 03, 05:06 AM
Capt. Doug

Badwater Bill wrote in message You keep on flying the "Big Iron" Doug, if
that's what you get a kick out of.

Seems nowadays I spend more time trying to figure out how not to work. The
big iron was fun for a couple of years. Now it's a job. Funny, ain't it?
Many people would love to have my job and yet when I'm approaching the
shoreline to join downwind, I'm looking at the ocean conditions to see if I
missed a nice day of fishing. I'd rather be sleeping every night in my own
bed, with my own wife. Am I getting old?

Most of my buddies nowadays are opting to fly the new flying
wing suit they use when they skydive. The lighter and less
complicated the flying machine is, the more fun it is. No flying
machine is the most fun (free fall). Here, you use your fingertips to
control your pitch and roll.

I'll stick with the Robbie. The ride lasts longer. Corpse looks prettier.

D.

Old August 7th 03, 03:29 PM
RobertR237

In article , Barnyard BOb --
writes:

I'm a little different in the way I think about things after 50 years
of flying.

YOU.... have 50 years of flying?

He is counting the air time that his mommy threw him across the room for
****ing in her face when she took his diaper off.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 7th 03, 03:44 PM
Warren & Nancy

Barnyard BOb -- wrote:

Badwater Bill wrote:

I'm a little different in the way I think about things after 50 years
of flying.

YOU.... have 50 years of flying?

I like things that are simple and light weight. I'm tired
of the "big iron." A Huey is no fun to fly. Too big, too heavy.
Just like airplanes, I don't enjoy flying an Aero Commander if I'm
just out to feel the sky. I think that tiny little RV-6 I owned all
those years was about the most fun you could have with your clothes
on.

BWB

Didn't you just celebrate your 50TH BIRTHDAY ---
within the last four [4] years?

Barnyard BOb -- 50 years of flight

His birthday is easy to remember. 7/7/49. like 7 x 7 = 49. ;-)))

Warren