A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Weglide.org

Old January 20th 21, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pavel skrabal
external usenet poster

Default Weglide.org

Looks like new interesting project for storing IGC flights. I think prehistoric OLC needs some fresh blood competition. WiFi download of flights straight from LX computers again this summer?
Old January 20th 21, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]
external usenet poster

Default Weglide.org

On Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 12:06:37 PM UTC-5, pavel skrabal wrote:
Looks like new interesting project for storing IGC flights. I think prehistoric OLC needs some fresh blood competition. WiFi download of flights straight from LX computers again this summer?

Too bad FAI doesn't host something...let's have 27 other venues instead!?
Old January 20th 21, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Weglide.org

pavel skrabal wrote on 1/20/2021 9:06 AM:

The presentation is very good, and I prefer it to the OLC presentation, but I think a bigger
issue is we have too many places to send IGC files. I wish the sites would coordinate, so a
flight posted on one would automatically post on the others, at the selection of the pilot.
Perhaps, this could accomplished with a web site that accepts a flight log, then automatically
uploads it to other sites that pilot has selected. That way, a pilot could make a single
posting the goes to, say, four flight display sites. This might also fix the LXNav posting
issue to OLC.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (change ".netto" to ".us" to email me)
- "A Guide to Self-Launching Sailplane Operation"
https://sites.google.com/site/motorg...ad-the-guide-1
Old January 21st 21, 12:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Weglide.org

On Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 11:02:48 PM UTC+1, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Perhaps, this could accomplished with a web site that accepts a flight log, then automatically
uploads it to other sites that pilot has selected.

Automatic flight registration is an avenue I'm exploring using https://skyhop.org. What's there now is a proof of concept showing that the concept is feasible, while I'm currently working on a version 2 which should make the application itself more flexible and more broadly applicable (including flight logging, records, exports, and student administration).

Would love for you guys to check it out! Let me know if you have any feedback!

Cheers,
Corstian
Old January 23rd 21, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Aldo Cernezzi
external usenet poster

Default Weglide.org

WeGlide has been chosen and promoted by the German NAC (DAeC) as the platform of choice for this year's decentralized championship. That says something about its potential development. We'll see if it gains momentum.

Aldo Cernezzi
www.voloavela.it
Old January 25th 21, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
D S
external usenet poster

Default Weglide.org

On Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 8:35:43 AM UTC-7, Aldo Cernezzi wrote:
WeGlide has been chosen and promoted by the German NAC (DAeC) as the platform of choice for this year's decentralized championship. That says something about its potential development. We'll see if it gains momentum.

Aldo Cernezzi
www.voloavela.it

When I go to the website it says that they aren't done yet and don't have anything to share with users. So why was it 'chosen' as the platform of choice? As far as I can tell it isn't a platform yet, just a marketing site.
Old January 25th 21, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw
external usenet poster

Default Weglide.org

On Saturday, 23 January 2021 at 17:35:43 UTC+2, Aldo Cernezzi wrote:

Aldo Cernezzi
www.voloavela.it

Germans have two different associations for glider pilots and now two different online platforms I guess?
Old January 25th 21, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
swinkelj
external usenet poster

Default Weglide.org

Op maandag 25 januari 2021 om 16:34:30 UTC+1 schreef krasw:
On Saturday, 23 January 2021 at 17:35:43 UTC+2, Aldo Cernezzi wrote:

Aldo Cernezzi
www.voloavela.it

Germans have two different associations for glider pilots and now two different online platforms I guess?

https://beta.weglide.org/
Old January 25th 21, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike
external usenet poster

Default Weglide.org

In the sign-up form there are three options: Male - Female - Other. WOW! How progressive! HURRAH! The sport of soaring will thrive from now on. It is very crucial to know how many "Other" gender pilots there are so that we can start preparing for World Other Soaring Championships (after we are done with Covid). Or are we talking about interplanetary contests? Martians? Alpha Centauri citizens? The beauty of the political correctness ...
Old January 25th 21, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou
external usenet poster

Default Weglide.org

On Monday, January 25, 2021 at 11:52:28 AM UTC-6, Tom BravoMike wrote:
In the sign-up form there are three options: Male - Female - Other. WOW! How progressive! HURRAH! The sport of soaring will thrive from now on. It is very crucial to know how many "Other" gender pilots there are so that we can start preparing for World Other Soaring Championships (after we are done with Covid). Or are we talking about interplanetary contests? Martians? Alpha Centauri citizens? The beauty of the political correctness ...

Welcome to the 21st century TBM. I hope it continues to be a learning process for you.

Lou