Open Class Nats, Region 8 and 1-26 Nats

Old July 1st 05, 04:31 AM
Kilo Charlie

Default Open Class Nats, Region 8 and 1-26 Nats

Anyone have any info re contest results or whether or not they have flown
the past 2 days? The only thing that I can find is a report from Charlie
Lite on the Region 8 site from 2 days ago. Nothing more on the SSA site or
their local sites that I can find either.

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix

Old July 1st 05, 07:15 AM
CindyASK

Kilo Charlie wrote:
Anyone have any info re contest results SNIPPED ...

Gee Casey, some of the west coast racers aren't in bed yet, and
you're griping about getting some scoresheets? Grin.

http://www.126association.org/champs.htm
Has a nice write up from CD Mitch Hudson to go with the scores.
Looks like they will have current news there, if you don't want to
pause past ssa.org.

The Region 8 link through www.ssa.org lists some news from Charlie Lite
for the Region 8 and Open Nationals event in Washington.
http://www.ssa.org/members/contestre...ail.asp?id=235
Sorry they didn't manage to cross post it under the Nationals page,
but you can guess why after you check the Region 8 ramblings. Their
June 29 wasn't as pleasant as in Pleasant Valley, AZ. Send them
fifteen degrees, and maybe they can ship you 15 percent of their
humidity and all will be well.

Best wishes,
Cindy B

Old July 1st 05, 02:10 PM
John Sinclair

Yo, Cindy. I'm with Casey on this one. It's Friday
and I haven't seen an open class score sheet yet. None
of the sites you offered have the scores. What's up
with that?
JJ

http://www.ssa.org/members/contestre...ultsDetail.asp

Old July 1st 05, 04:45 PM
Kilo Charlie

"CindyASK" wrote in message
oups.com...
Kilo Charlie wrote:
Anyone have any info re contest results SNIPPED ...

Gee Casey, some of the west coast racers aren't in bed yet, and
you're griping about getting some scoresheets? Grin.

Me thinks that I don't protest too much Cindy! ;-)

It is the 4th day of the two national contests and the only info from the
Open's is a note from 3 days ago (June 28) on the Region 8 site.....geez!!!
Inquiring minds want to know!!! I do see that the Moriarty folks have put
up the day 2 results too.

Actually I'm about to head to a place in the San Juan mountains of Colorado
where there is not even cell phone service much less high speed internet so
just wanted to get caught up before going.

Looks like good weather for the future at Ephrata....you all have a super
contest and thanks for the update! Oh and BTW....if you check the OLC
results it's been a lot better there than here....the whole state is on fire
though so if you don't mind some soot on your glider you might be able to go
somewhere.

Casey

Old July 1st 05, 05:21 PM

The first Contest Day, Wednesday we had an AST to Kramer, mansfield,
Creston, had to cross a blue hole 4 times, causing 5 landouts, Rex
Mayes, Brian Milner, Paul Cordell.......Garret Willat won the day, Dick
Butler, Heinz Weissenbuehler, Gary Kemp, Nelson Funston. Good thermal
9 kts, to 9000 feet just west of Kramer, and many people down to 1500
feet or lower at Mansfield, I never got above 5000 feet going to
Creston.

Yesterday, was Dick Butler aboutr 86 mph, Nelson Funson, Heinz, Gary
Kemp..........AAT to 7 Bays, Waterville, Wilbur, around 290 miles, very
good lift, downwind to 7 bays I averaged 110 mph as did the others.
Garret Willat tried to go too far into the last turn and landed there.
Very good day.

Gary Kemp

Old July 1st 05, 06:08 PM
Kilo Charlie

wrote in message
ps.com...
The first Contest Day, Wednesday we had an AST to Kramer, mansfield,
Creston, had to cross a blue hole 4 times, causing 5 landouts, Rex
Mayes, Brian Milner, Paul Cordell.......Garret Willat won the day, Dick
Butler, Heinz Weissenbuehler, Gary Kemp, Nelson Funston. Good thermal
9 kts, to 9000 feet just west of Kramer, and many people down to 1500
feet or lower at Mansfield, I never got above 5000 feet going to
Creston.

Yesterday, was Dick Butler aboutr 86 mph, Nelson Funson, Heinz, Gary
Kemp..........AAT to 7 Bays, Waterville, Wilbur, around 290 miles, very
good lift, downwind to 7 bays I averaged 110 mph as did the others.
Garret Willat tried to go too far into the last turn and landed there.
Very good day.

Gary Kemp

Thanks Gary....please keep the reports coming if they aren't able to post on
the SSA site!

Casey

Old July 1st 05, 07:35 PM

Scores after Day 2:

Dick Butler 1893
Heinz Weissenbuehler 1788
Nelson Funston 1753
Gary Kemp 1721
Garret Willat 1304
Steve Northcraft 1223
Brian Milner 1178
Paul Cordell 1156
Rex Mayes 1134
Mike Newgard 1090

Today is weaker and it is an AAT to Davenport, Wilson Creek, Kramer,
10,20,10 mile circles.

Kilo Charlie wrote:
ps.com...

Old July 1st 05, 07:52 PM
Brian Glick

JJ

I am with you here as well. I sent chrlie Minner an e-mail asking for
reports. He blamed it on the scorer. I told him he is getting that "pass the
buck" part down real well. Hope you had fun at Parowan.

Brian

Old July 1st 05, 09:06 PM
jphoenix

You guys can watch some of the action on OLC, the SGC regulars are
posting their flights there. Too bad we can't see them all, would be
nice to dump them all into SeeYou and watch the action in 3D.

Is the Byars site still up and loading contest scores?

Jim