"Battleship" Movie Trailer

Old August 4th 11, 09:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
William Black[_2_]

Default "Battleship" Movie Trailer

On 08/04/2011 07:51 AM, Jeffrey Hamilton wrote:

You however William, should make sure you've loaded your black powder
weapons, sharpened your edged weapons and made sure you both refletched your
arrows and keep your bow strings dry, you never know when you'll need them.

I wouldn't want to be an alien beating on your door.

If, God forbid, I went bonkers I wouldn't be a threat to the local
police, never mind a tentacle waving horror from another world.

And I gave up serious archery half a decade ago.

I'm far too old to risk my back doing that these days.

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke when asked by the Duke of
Medina Sidonia how many Spanish sword and buckler men he could beat
single handed with a quarterstaff.
Old August 4th 11, 09:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
William Black[_2_]

On 08/03/2011 08:21 PM, La N. wrote:
"William wrote in message
On 08/03/2011 07:53 AM, wrote:
A trailer for the new "Battleship" movie is now up at:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/batt...ml?showVideo=1

'Battle of Los Angeles' goes to sea...

What a silly idea.

If a culture can travel from star to star what on earth makes people think
they'll fight battles on even terms with us?

They'd just nuke us until we stopped twitching...

And there'd be more or less nothing we could do about it...

Heheh. Furthermore don't modern movies need a vampire angle?

If vampires really existed we'd be hunting them for sport...

Old August 4th 11, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Jeffrey Hamilton

William Black wrote:
On 08/04/2011 07:51 AM, Jeffrey Hamilton wrote:

You however William, should make sure you've loaded your black powder
weapons, sharpened your edged weapons and made sure you both
refletched your arrows and keep your bow strings dry, you never know
when you'll need them. I wouldn't want to be an alien beating on your
door.

If, God forbid, I went bonkers I wouldn't be a threat to the local
police, never mind a tentacle waving horror from another world.

And I gave up serious archery half a decade ago.

I'm far too old to risk my back doing that these days.

LoL, Oh well then, maybe your staff, or possibly your Indian fighting stick.

cheers......Jeff

Old August 4th 11, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
William Black[_2_]

On 08/04/2011 07:40 PM, Jeffrey Hamilton wrote:
William Black wrote:
On 08/04/2011 07:51 AM, Jeffrey Hamilton wrote:

You however William, should make sure you've loaded your black powder
weapons, sharpened your edged weapons and made sure you both
refletched your arrows and keep your bow strings dry, you never know
when you'll need them. I wouldn't want to be an alien beating on your
door.

If, God forbid, I went bonkers I wouldn't be a threat to the local
police, never mind a tentacle waving horror from another world.

And I gave up serious archery half a decade ago.

I'm far too old to risk my back doing that these days.

LoL, Oh well then, maybe your staff, or possibly your Indian fighting stick.

Never done the Indian staff fighting thing, although I've watched teh
Bombay Police at lathi drill a couple of times.

Lethal looking stuff.

I have acouple of rapiers about the place, but they're not what you'd
call a realistic weapon against anyone with any firearm made after about
1800...

Old August 5th 11, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Jeffrey Hamilton

William Black wrote:
On 08/04/2011 07:51 AM, Jeffrey Hamilton wrote:

You however William, should make sure you've loaded your black
powder weapons, sharpened your edged weapons and made sure you both
refletched your arrows and keep your bow strings dry, you never
know when you'll need them. I wouldn't want to be an alien beating
on your door.

If, God forbid, I went bonkers I wouldn't be a threat to the local
police, never mind a tentacle waving horror from another world.

And I gave up serious archery half a decade ago.

I'm far too old to risk my back doing that these days.

LoL, Oh well then, maybe your staff, or possibly your Indian
fighting stick.

Never done the Indian staff fighting thing, although I've watched teh
Bombay Police at lathi drill a couple of times.

Lethal looking stuff.

You posted a .pdf site some time ago, it was a fascinating read. I always
pay more attention now whenever I see any news item from India, be it on
YouTube or television, just to see if any of the policemen are swinging
those around for crowd control.

I have acouple of rapiers about the place, but they're not what you'd
call a realistic weapon against anyone with any firearm made after
about 1800...

Probably not unless you got the drop on them, I should think, then again you
could certainly let the air out of some puffed up b*st*rd with a rapier
though, couldn't you ?

cheers....Jeff

Old August 5th 11, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Andrew Chaplin

William Black wrote in
:

If vampires really existed we'd be hunting them for sport...

We do already, don't we? Isn't Buffy a documentary?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old August 6th 11, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
William Black[_2_]

William Black wrote:
[...]

The Bombay Police are getting all high tech these days, they've shifted
from their bamboo, brass tipped lathis to nice new white fibre glass
ones that are probably less liable to break but don't look anything like
as pretty.

Old August 6th 11, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Andrew Chaplin

William Black wrote in
:

On 08/05/2011 11:56 PM, Jeffrey Hamilton wrote:

You posted a .pdf site some time ago, it was a fascinating read. I
always pay more attention now whenever I see any news item from
India, be it on YouTube or television, just to see if any of the
policemen are swinging those around for crowd control.

The Bombay Police are getting all high tech these days, they've
shifted from their bamboo, brass tipped lathis to nice new white
fibre glass ones that are probably less liable to break but don't look
anything like as pretty.

Something I don't miss from my military career: riot drill as part of Aid
to the Civil Power training, especially if you were told off as a rioter.
Canadian Forces-issue riot batons were the finest ash, and fluted so that
you could scalp someone not wearing headgear if you struck a glancing blow.
(ObSMN: this sort of training was given to all basic trainees in the
1970s--even future matelots, who might be called upon to defend HMC
Dockyard against strikers. As police capabilities improved, it was dropped
from course training plans.)
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

FS: 1995 "Apollo 13 The Movie Storybook" 1st Edition Book http://books.google.com/books?id=ifqnAAAACAAJ&dq=inauthor:%22Russ+Manning%22&lr=&as_brr=0&rview=1&so Aviation Marketplace 0 September 10th 09 12:51 PM
"Boy who flew with the condors", movie - source or copy. [email protected] Soaring 4 August 4th 07 06:47 PM
"TOP GUN" picked as best movie for EAA theater? John T[_1_] Piloting 35 May 10th 07 03:43 PM
New movie trailer john smith Piloting 3 February 12th 06 11:29 PM
FS: 1995 "Apollo 13 The Movie Storybook" out-of-print Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 January 1st 06 11:22 AM