Driving to Minden

Old December 17th 15, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Minot Moonshiners

Default Driving to Minden

Ok.. I've booked my flight, rental car, and hotel.

I'll be driving from SFO to Minden. Choices are 50 and 88.

thoughts? Looks to be about 4 and a half hours. Better than doing a 3 leg airline out there.

JP
Old December 17th 15, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:55:03 AM UTC-7, Minot Moonshiners wrote:
Ok.. I've booked my flight, rental car, and hotel.

I'll be driving from SFO to Minden. Choices are 50 and 88.

thoughts? Looks to be about 4 and a half hours. Better than doing a 3 leg airline out there.

JP

I think I would take 80
Old December 17th 15, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Minot Moonshiners

OK, it says an extra hour though. 5+36

worth it?
Old December 17th 15, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I go 50 to 89 to 88. You will miss the South Shore traffic, but check the WX this time of year! After a snow storm, they will clear 80 and 50 first.
Bring your heated boots,
JJ
Old December 17th 15, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Are you from Minot? If so, you know all about cold Wx..............spent 7 lovely years there, back in the day!
JJ
Old December 17th 15, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Minot Moonshiners

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 9:53:50 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Are you from Minot? If so, you know all about cold Wx..............spent 7 lovely years there, back in the day!
JJ

I think you might be thinking the other Minot. I live in Minot ME

JP
Old December 17th 15, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

What JJ said - unless there is snow (El Nino this year). Returning at the end of a weekend also can get you into bad traffic on the 2-lane part of 50 - in which case one of the alternates might be more reliable.
Old December 17th 15, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Minot Moonshiners

Going out on a thursday afternoon. back into sfo on a tuesday morning. noon flight I think it is. i'll be up early for sure.