Airliner crashes into Hudson River after LGA departure

Old January 21st 09, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

Default Turboprops

§ñühw¤£f wrote in news:t96dnQTJw-H0B-
:

Bertie the Bunyip pinched out a steaming pile
:

"Viperdoc" wrote in
:

I flew into somewhere in SD in a Mesaba Saab 340. The flight before
had a bird strike on the windshield (goose), that broke off the
windshield wiper. The wiper blade then hit the prop, which flung the
broken blade through the side of the fuselage, impaling itself in

the
thigh of one of the pax. He had to go to the operating room for some
sort of surgery, but I do not think it broke his femur. Talk about

bad
luck.

They flew in a new prop the next day, and there was some speed tape

on
the side of the fuselage.

yipes. An airplane I uswed to fly had a wiper come loose and go right
through the engine, trashing it, but that is bad luck.

BTW, thehole in the fuse had to have had more than speed tape over it
unless thye were ferrying it unpressurised!

I've always wondered if the pax got to ride free on NWA for the rest
of his life.

Hehe
He'd have been lucky to get a taxi ride to the hospital for free!

They'd prolly refuse to give him anything to avoid being seen as

shoudergin
any blame whatsoever, I'd a thought.

Bertie

These two compelling stories are perfect examples of Why I Dont Fly.

nods

Well, it is hurtling through space n a cigar tube surounded by high
explosives...
If you don; treckon it's worth the risk, it's wiser to stay put!
Of course, cars are a LOT more dnagerous!

Bertie

Old January 21st 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Nope, i just like watching you bitch and moan. It's a bit like
watching a turtle turned on it's back.

Bertie

At least you have a grip on your own situation.

Awww, another IKYABWAI poast.

C'mon Maxie a bit of effort here please.

Bertie
Old January 21st 09, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

Default Maxie begins a new kook-out.were.... Airliner crashes into Hudson River after LGA departure

Bob Officer wrote in
:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 18:20:16 +0000 (UTC), in alt.usenet.kooks, Bertie
the Bunyip wrote:

§ñühw¤£f wrote in news:t96dnQfJw-
:

Bertie the Bunyip pinched out a steaming pile
:

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote in news:gkvte8$eth$1
:

§ñühw¤£f wrote:

I propose a technological solution to the problem of bird

strikes:
turboprops.
Lets return to the good old days pre-jet engines.

Well ... while the L-188 Lockheed Electra example is a turboprop,
the
above poster apparently didn't realize that a turboprop engine has

jet
engine.

Discuss.

The large piston engines were incredibly complex, and generally
could
drive airliners at only about half the speed of those with the

pure
jet
engines.

yes, but they were so much more fun

Bertie

Ok ok...totally *genius* idea: dirigibles.

Excellent. I'll sign on for a course.

Yeah, think on that for a while.

Its either that or the locomotive, chaps.

Only if it's a real one. i.e. Steam

No! Hell no!

Why not? When getting there was as important as gettign there?

Bertie

Old January 21st 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

§ñühw¤£f wrote in news:eeidnfPyU6ZPc-
:

Aratzio pinched out a steaming pile
:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:24:17 -0600, in the land of alt.usenet.kooks,
§ñühw¤£f got double secret probation for
writing:

§ñühw¤£f wrote:

[...]

We gots ours!
http://www.airshipventures.com

Was watching it a few months ago doing patterns around Moffet field.

Nice. Blimps do lousy in adverse wind conditions but who needs to
travel anyway wehn teh weather is bad?

^_^

Wel, if you're going any distance, you're going to get weather!

It must have been a fantastic thing to cross an ocean or continent in
one, eh?

Bertie
Old January 21st 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

George wrote in news:e3a9035c-fe06-41af-8eff-
:

On Jan 18, 12:46*pm, "Scott M. Kozel" wrote:
§ñühw¤£f wrote:

I propose a technological solution to the problem of bird strikes:
turboprops.
Lets return to the good old days pre-jet engines.

Well ... while the L-188 Lockheed Electra example is a turboprop, the
above poster apparently didn't realize that a turboprop engine has a

jet
engine.

Discuss.

I wonder in this example why did the Electra stall and spin?

Didn't neccesariyl spin. From the description it wasa VMC roll.

From my very first lessons it was drilled into my head by all my
instructors "WHEN THE ENGINE FAILS GET THE NOSE DOWN AND FLY THE
AIRPLANE!" I wonder why the Electra didn't remain in a (somewhat)
straight & level attitude? Was the crew too busy, confused, alarmed,
to fly/glide the airplane?

Well, withe three out at that speed and weight they weren't going
anywhere but down. THey didn't fly the airplane, but in large airplanes,
procedures tend to take over. They shouldn't, but they did.
There was an Electra that lost three eingines in Shannon a few years
back. I saw it a few days afer the event in fact. Landed wheels up and
lost three engines, not surprisingly. The captain went around and made
it but I beleive the airplane was empty.

How about the hijacked jet that crashed off the Atlantic? The video of
that crash shows it hitting at a wing-first, crooked angle. Again, why
didn't the crew have the thing in a landing configuration which may
have saved more, if not all, lives?
Was this crew scared? Did they have guns pointed at their temples?

All kinds of things could have caused these crews too much distraction
to just fly the airplane, get it in a landing configuration, and belly
the thing in, as did US Airways in the Hudson.
This just stresses once again, the importance to me, that when the
plane gets quiet, get the nose down and fly the airplane, find a
landing spot, then deal with everything else as able.

True, n the USair case, the airpalne was not in the landing config but
appears to have been at a small flap extension, likely that set for
takeoff.

Bertie

Old January 21st 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in news:Fv7dl.165904$2w3.103613
@newsfe19.iad:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
Dear fjucktard..
Actually that's all i wanted to say.

Bertie

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you too.

I know. Don't worry about it.

Bertie
Old January 21st 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in
:

Tech Support wrote in message
Dear VIi

I refuse to communicate with anyone who doesn't know their A**hole
from a hole in the ground.

Good by and may the rag heads take you down.

BJ

Now you're proving your self and idiot, because you clearly no nothing
about me, or how to read your own post.

Bwawhahwhahw!

Lovely.

Bertie
Old January 21st 09, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in :

wrote in message

Good job. You have just proven yourself as stupid and childish as your
friend.

Have you lcated some sort of random insult generatort there Maxie? Maybe
on
the Burger King Kids Korner Page?

BTW, yo mama like a cuppa coffee

Bertie

Who needs it with a target a stupid as you.

Old January 21st 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in
:

"George" wrote in message
..
. On Jan 18, 3:37 pm, "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote:

I'm not Mx, and you can't seem to decide if you are George or Ricky.

Are you having an identity crisis?

Take the "a" out of Maxwell & you get MX.

George (aka; Ricky)

--------------------

Wow dicky, you figured that out all on your own?

Take the G out of George or the R out of ricky, and you still have a
dumb ass.

An take the asshole out of MAxie and you got nothing.

Bertie

Not true, take the asshole out of anything, and you would be holding a Baby
Bertie.

Old January 21st 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

Bob Officer wrote in
:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:39:21 +0000 (UTC), in alt.usenet.kooks, Bertie
the Bunyip wrote:

Bob Officer wrote in
m:

§ñühw¤£f wrote:

[...]

I flown planes and flown in them. I have also operated a steam
locomotive under power. Have you?

Nope. Not the Loco Part..

Would love to though. Nearly bought a Steam car a few years back. A
White. Lovely thing, it was gne when i got there.

Bertie

Plane down in Hudson River Judah Piloting 10 January 6th 06 04:15 PM
Peruvian airliner crashes in jungle Bushleague Piloting 4 August 24th 05 04:37 PM
Flying down the Hudson River SeeAndAvoid Piloting 19 March 24th 04 06:26 PM
Hudson river Paul Sengupta Piloting 2 January 9th 04 12:18 AM
Hitting airliner with rifle round? [was: PK of Igla vs. airliner] B2431 Military Aviation 7 August 20th 03 11:29 PM