Airliner crashes into Hudson River after LGA departure

Old January 18th 09, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tech Support

Default Airliner crashes into Hudson River after LGA departure

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:42:40 -0600, "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote:

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
news
They established that two days ago.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

Well don't tell me, tell Big John. He's the one that supposed it was down.

Dear VI

Here is my post. I only reported what media was saying and if TRUE was
a bad decission.

quote Witness also said gear was down (per media). If true (I said) ,
was bad decision. unquote

Later reports were more accurate and said gear up and streaming video
of bird before touch down let ME see that gear was up.

Does this satify you or can you not understand standard english
relating to flight?.

Big John

Old January 18th 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tech Support

Yep

No good place to belly in any place short of TEB.

He made the only good decission from facts available and Lady Luck
laid her hand on him and the rest of crew and all the passengers.

Big John
************************************************** *********************************

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:16:27 -0500, B A R R Y
wrote:

Tech Support wrote:
He looked at Teterboro, glanced at the altimeter, figured
the angles and did the math. He decided in that nano second that he
couldn't make Teterboro, and THAT decision made his entire salary for
a lifetime career.

Coming up short @ TEB would have been Ug-ly!

Old January 18th 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
George

On Jan 18, 11:44*am, "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote:

Yeah dicky, why are you arguing with statements made two days ago, and based
on nothing but speculation?

Trolling attempt 4 out of a possible 10.

You asked the question MX, I'm giving you the answer.

Ricky

Old January 18th 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

Default Turboprops

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Viperdoc" wrote in
:

From across the ramp it sure looked like speed tape, although it
could have been a riveted patch. South Dakota to MSP is a pretty
short flight.

They could have flown it, but it would almost certainly have been a
ferry to get the skin patched. Just rivets won't do it AFAIK, it has
to be bondded. Problem with pressurised fuselages is that a tear like
that is a stress riser, so even a little patch has to be prepared and
doen properly. not a big issue if you fly it unpressurised, though.

If I had been that guy I would have demanded a free first class pass
for four pax domestic and international for the rest of my life.
Even if NWA won the lawsuit, the cost of litigation would probably
have been cheaper than the tix.

But why would the pax settle for it? I wouldn't I'd sue em.

Bertie

As usual, you have a tremendous grasp on the obvious. Kind of like Mx.

Actually his immediate grasp is much the same as your own.

Bertie

Old January 18th 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote in news:gkvte8$eth$1
@news.motzarella.org:

§ñühw¤£f wrote:

I propose a technological solution to the problem of bird strikes:
turboprops.
Lets return to the good old days pre-jet engines.

Well ... while the L-188 Lockheed Electra example is a turboprop, the
above poster apparently didn't realize that a turboprop engine has a jet
engine.

Discuss.

The large piston engines were incredibly complex, and generally could
drive airliners at only about half the speed of those with the pure jet
engines.

yes, but they were so much more fun

Bertie
Old January 18th 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"George" wrote in message
On Jan 18, 11:44 am, "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote:

Yeah dicky, why are you arguing with statements made two days ago, and
based
on nothing but speculation?

Trolling attempt 4 out of a possible 10.

You asked the question MX, I'm giving you the answer.

Ricky
------------------------------------------------------------\\

I'm not Mx, and you can't seem to decide if you are George or Ricky.

Are you having an identity crisis?

Old January 18th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn

Tech Support wrote in message

Here is my post. I only reported what media was saying and if TRUE was
a bad decission.

quote Witness also said gear was down (per media). If true (I said) ,
was bad decision. unquote

Later reports were more accurate and said gear up and streaming video
of bird before touch down let ME see that gear was up.

Does this satify you or can you not understand standard english
relating to flight?.

I think that I understand standard English as it relates to flight pretty
well, but I still find your original "bad decision" comment surprising.
Even if the gear had happened to be down for that ditching, I would not be
the one to stick my neck out and call it a "bad decision" until I had heard
the REASON for the gear being down. For several reasons, there may have not
been a decision to be made nor time to make it in.

The pilots' first job is the fly the plane, then communicate, and only then
deal with internal cockpit details. According to one AP report I read
(whatever THAT is worth) the pilots had at least three pages of checklists
for engine out and then ditching (probably more). According to that same
article, the pilots did not operate the "ditch switch" so we can guess that
the pilots simply did not have time to work their way to the end of their
checklists before impact.

Vaughn

Old January 18th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

Default Maxine crashes his head

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in :

"George" wrote in message
On Jan 18, 11:44 am, "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote:

Yeah dicky, why are you arguing with statements made two days ago, and
based
on nothing but speculation?

Trolling attempt 4 out of a possible 10.

You asked the question MX, I'm giving you the answer.

Ricky
------------------------------------------------------------\\

I'm not Mx, and you can't seem to decide if you are George or Ricky.

Are you having an identity crisis?

Apparently you are maxie.

don' tknow how to work your attribs yet?

Bertie
Old January 18th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

Apparently you are maxie.

don' tknow how to work your attribs yet?

Bertie

Who needs to bother with attribs, dumb ass.

He posted a message from George, and signed it Ricky.

Is that a little too complex for your hangover?

Should I say it again, and a little slower?

Old January 18th 09, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

[...]

Dear Prick

Are you having a comprehension problem? I didn't take issue with your first
post.

Plane down in Hudson River Judah Piloting 10 January 6th 06 04:15 PM
Peruvian airliner crashes in jungle Bushleague Piloting 4 August 24th 05 04:37 PM
Flying down the Hudson River SeeAndAvoid Piloting 19 March 24th 04 06:26 PM
Hudson river Paul Sengupta Piloting 2 January 9th 04 12:18 AM
Hitting airliner with rifle round? [was: PK of Igla vs. airliner] B2431 Military Aviation 7 August 20th 03 11:29 PM