How do I remove white fog from canopy?

Old June 3rd 11, 09:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default How do I remove white fog from canopy?

On Jun 3, 1:50*am, Chris Donovan wrote:
On May 17, 9:52*pm, Blake Miller wrote:

Thanks to all for such thoughtful responses.

Blake

I was stuck once...without 501 or some of the other products...used
crest, didn't have a choice, bad hazing right in front driving me
nuts...took about 6 hours over two days for a section about 12 x 12
inch's...still looks great...not for the feighnt of heart. years later
tried the headlight stuff...all of em...not worth the time of day
based on the results a month later. Found out the headlight cleaners
spread various chemicals and acylics...crest just filled with "marble"
dust from some place in Vermont...would trust the crest approach
before I would use the headlight things again. Check out sportys or
the pilot shop for the complete list of products...know in advance the
three step products use crest... (as part of the process) lots of
water and clean rags, a steady supply of clean rags ...I can not
emphasise enough... clean rags. *Be very, very, carefull with the
products that rely on the foam cups and pads, just don't work as well.
It is so easy to make things worse with micromesh esp the pro kit and
a hand drill or power tool...learned from experience. Sonata or
whatever ...just as easy to use clean rags and use the rag once...I
mean for one wipe... till all the surface stuff is gone. then start in
with some joy or something really really mild, till the second layer
of crud is gone...I guess my main point here is NO shortcuts and any
product that says fast in the literature...run away from. *Good luck.

You guys seem to have confused the Meguiars PlastX I mentioned above
for the old school Mirror Glaze products. PlastX is a polish, i.e.
abrasive, silica gel by the look/smell/feel of it, in the same family
as 3M "Finesse It" see here http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G12310.
Old June 4th 11, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Donovan

[...]

If it's a disaster see the EAA video...I checked and the crest
toothpast is about 5000 - 10000 grit,... but boy does it take a long
time...
Old June 6th 11, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Goddard

"Chris Donovan" wrote in message
:

[...]

I just refinished some badly hazed headlights last week (about 80 sq.
inches each) with Mothers PowerBall 4Lights Headlight Restoration Kit.
Dead simple to use. Just abrade with the 4 stages of abrasive pads and
then polish with the foam ball and special polishing liquid. Took maybe
10 minutes total time per headlight!!! Looks perfect. Would not
hesitate to use on a glider canopy.

My $0.02

Larry