Who plays golf at Nellis?

Old July 23rd 03, 12:33 AM
BUFDRVR

There has been talk here that retired military who play golf at Nellis call
the
shots concerning traffic patterns.The most avid golfer at Nellis is the
CO..And
nobody gives a damn what the retired military thinks or wants. You figure it
out.

You really need to lose that over grown chip on your shoulder. The golf
courses in this discussion are *off base* courses.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old July 23rd 03, 04:09 PM
John S. Shinal

(ArtKramr) wrote:

Move the golf course?. I got a better idea. If the golfers don't like the
flying they can go play golf elsewhere. This is a military airfield, not a
country club.I am at Nellis three days a week shooting skeet at the gun club.
And no one makes any allowances for us.

Of course not, you guys on the skeet stations are AA
simulators.

;-D

Old July 23rd 03, 04:41 PM
Ed Rasimus

"S. Sampson" wrote:

"ArtKramr" wrote

I think they should close every golf course on every military base and use the
money for greater family allowances for enlisted men.

Enlisted men (or women) shouldn't be allowed to have a family :-)

Shack!

At least that's true for first term enlisted. Mid and senior NCO's are
certainly reasonably compensated today. It's not a career to get rich,
but most folks don't enter the military for that reason.

There was a time when you couldn't be married without commander
approval below the rank of E-4. That makes sense. Why would you need
food stamps if you're provided clothing, live in the barracks/dorm,
and have a meal card??

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (ret)
***"When Thunder Rolled:
*** An F-105 Pilot Over N. Vietnam"
*** from Smithsonian Books
ISBN: 1588341038
Old July 23rd 03, 06:55 PM
B2431

Ed, suggesting enlisteds of any rank shouldn't get married without making a
similar statement about officers shows a bit of a bias. There was a time when
most officers thought of enlisteds as lesser beings (witness the periodic
letters to the Navy, Army and Air Force times where officers would write in
suggesting exactly that) and therefore should be treated differently. An
example of this was the "random" urinalysis for drug screening in the mid 70s
where the only people tested were enlisted.

My thoughts are no one should get married, let alone have children, unless they
are financially capable. This applies to officers and enlisteds as well as any
other segement of society.

The solution to the problem is to pay servicemen adequately and not deny people
their rights based soley on rank.

I would agree a large portion of first term enlisteds need some growing up to
do before marriage, but that applies also to WO 1and 2 as well as O-1,2 and 3.

Please try to show a little more respect for the people who could be trusted to
service your ejection seat but not to have a family.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Old July 23rd 03, 11:09 PM
S. Sampson

Careful now, you're going to **** off the tax and spend special rights lobby...

Old July 24th 03, 02:00 AM
Thomas Schoene

"B2431" wrote in message

Ed, suggesting enlisteds of any rank shouldn't get married without
making a similar statement about officers shows a bit of a bias.

The equivalent sentiment once existed for officers as well, summed up as
follows:

"Lieutenants should not marry, Captains may marry, Majors should
marry, Colonels must marry."

This specific version I believe referred to the British Army, but the
sentiment was not unheard in the US either.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

Old July 24th 03, 03:16 AM
BUFDRVR

No chip on my shoulder. I am ex-military. I support the actions of the
military whether I am on base or off base.

Very good, however, departure and arrival restrictions there prove you are in
the vast minority.

And I don't rate golf more important
under any circumstances than military operations.

Well, enough people in that area rate golf higher and have gotten enough clout
behind them to force the base to implement serious "noise abatement
procedures". You're better off flying out of range airspace during a FLAG
exercise then busting the altitude restrictions and generating a noise
complaint over the golf courses.

Got it now?

I always have gotten it, but do you? It appears not.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"