continental experts help!

Old January 29th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default continental experts help!

I have a cont A65-8 45 SMOH is there a way to get fuel to the carb,
while doing aerobatics? can I install an electric fuel pump? or will I
flood the engine?

Old January 29th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article .com,
" wrote:

I have a cont A65-8 45 SMOH is there a way to get fuel to the carb,
while doing aerobatics? can I install an electric fuel pump? or will I
flood the engine?

Flop tube in the tank.
May work, may not work.
It has it's own problems, such as how to vent the tank.
Old January 29th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a cont A65-8 45 SMOH is there a way to get fuel to the carb,
while doing aerobatics? can I install an electric fuel pump? or will I
flood the engine?

An inverted system for a Stromberg? Heresy, pure heresy.

Old January 29th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

wrote:
I have a cont A65-8 45 SMOH is there a way to get fuel to the carb,
while doing aerobatics? can I install an electric fuel pump? or will I
flood the engine?

You won't need to get fuel to the carburetor during negative g
aerobatics because the carburetor won't work anyway. Neither will your
engine's oil system.

--
J Kimmel

www.metalinnovations.com

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - When you have
their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow.
Old January 29th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

One can place a slide valve on the oil pick up to give you about 30 seconds
of oil. but the carb will not work upside down even with gas being forced to
it.

--
Cy Galley - Aeronca Aviators Club
Newsletter Editor & EAA TC
"JKimmel" wrote in message
et...

Old January 29th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Well, it kinda almost works. I found out that it would cut out quickly as
I went upside down, but would get a "second" wind and run a little bit.
I figure it was dribbling the gas through the bowl vent hole and it would
run until the bowl went dry. This on an A65-8 as I recall. There was an
fjh version of the little Continentals that had fuel injection. I flew a 7ac
that had that engine, but never attempted anything other than level
flight and standard rate turns.

Don't mess with it. Level flight and standard rate turns are appropriate
maneuvers for A65's. The added wear and tear of aerobatics with the
little Continental is akin to abusing your grandmother.

"JKimmel" wrote in message
news:KPqdnRkp_ZZLhkHenZ2dnUVZ_tidnZ2d@centurytel. net...
wrote:
I have a cont A65-8 45 SMOH is there a way to get fuel to the carb,
while doing aerobatics? can I install an electric fuel pump? or will I
flood the engine?

You won't need to get fuel to the carburetor during negative g aerobatics
because the carburetor won't work anyway. Neither will your engine's oil
system.

--
J Kimmel

www.metalinnovations.com

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - When you have
their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow.

Hard Starting Cold Continental Engines M.E. Borner Owning 16 December 6th 05 04:13 AM
Continental A-65 Price Home Built 3 April 11th 05 10:45 AM
Continental IO-520A operating data? Michael Owning 7 November 26th 04 08:38 PM
aero-domains for homebuilt experts secura Home Built 0 June 26th 04 07:11 AM
Continental Airlines Complaint - A Newspaper article John B. Piloting 40 October 21st 03 04:07 PM