Gladiators of the Sky DVD

Old May 19th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gladiators of the Sky DVD

This is the story of the recent Soaring Gran Prix in NZ. It is
exceptionally well done and I recommend it to everyone on this list. I
think what they've done is right on target for making the excitement and
beauty of soaring accessible to a wide audience. The air to air shots are
fantastic.

I'd like to see this broadcast and read here recently that there were some
efforts underway to do just that. Does anyone know how to support the
efforts to get this story broadcast? Is there a network I should call,
write or email?

Old May 20th 06, 12:29 AM
bagmaker bagmaker is offline
Senior Member

Location: Melbourne Australia

I second that, its a great evenings entertainment, although the wife was only slightly interested!
Still the best gliding vid I have watched.
Well done to all concerned!

Bagger
Old May 20th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Where can we buy it?

Old May 20th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The SSA has it for sale.
http://www.ssa.clientreadyweb.com/index.asp?cat=164150

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

"Gabriel Duford" wrote in message
oups.com...
Where can we buy it?

Old May 20th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On 21/5/06 2:32 AM, in article
, "Gabriel Duford"
wrote:

Where can we buy it?

From

Old May 21st 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I just received "Gladiators of the Sky" from the SSA and was crushed
when my DVD player rejected the disk as incompatible (I live in
Florida).
Apparently, and understandably, its in a 'New Zealand' format: PAL.
In the US and Japan we follow the NTSC format. Fortunately my iMac
didn't gag on the disk and it is AWSOME. Unfortunately, I will not be
able to captivate unsuspecting friends and family in my living-room
with a big screen and surround sound with this incredible production.
Either I don't have the right friends or the right personality, but I'm
sure nobody will crowd around my computer screen in a confined space to
wittness such a spectacular sport. I've run out of adjectives but I
highly recommend the DVD in any format.
Gene
John wrote:
On 21/5/06 2:32 AM, in article
, "Gabriel Duford"
wrote:

Where can we buy it?

From

Old May 21st 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I suggest you take the DVD to a stroe and try it in DVD players in the
store.

You will find most the newer DVD players will play it when you find one that
plays it make a purchase.

Old May 21st 06, 09:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Gene, your computer might have an S-video output. If so, you could
simply route that into your big screen TV.

I haven't received my copy of the "Gladiators of the Sky" DVD yet, but
I'm certainly looking forward to it as a result of all these rave
reviews!

-John

Old May 22nd 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Knauff & Grove Soaring Supplies will have it in a few days.
Please watch our web site or sign up for our free newsletter for an
announcement.
The first shipment may not work on older DVD players. Another format for
older DVD players will be offered in a few weeks.
Either format will work on most computers with DVD players.

--
bagmaker