Sun Visor Replacement

Old June 22nd 05, 06:55 PM

Default Sun Visor Replacement

I bought a set of Rosen sun visors for my Skyhawk about 6 years ago. I
hit some turbulence that slammed my head against the cockpit ceiling
and my headset smashed the visor. These were about $250 for the set.

Now I want to replace the broken one, and (of course) Sporty's will
ONLY sell the pair for another $250 . . . no way will they sell me just
the one I need.

I can't even find a Rosen site on the web (maybe my Google skills are
deficient).

Any ideas on where I can find JUST one sun visor (side loading for
Skyhawk)?

Old June 22nd 05, 07:00 PM
Dave Butler

I can't even find a Rosen site on the web (maybe my Google skills are
deficient).

Maybe.
http://www.rosenvisor.com/
Old June 22nd 05, 07:29 PM
Ron Natalie

I bought a set of Rosen sun visors for my Skyhawk about 6 years ago. I
hit some turbulence that slammed my head against the cockpit ceiling
and my headset smashed the visor. These were about $250 for the set.

www.rosenvisor.com.

I shut the canopy on one of mine and Margy did the other. Rosen wants
a lot of money for replacement blades. I'm thinking about running down
to the local plexiglass supplier and just getting stuff to fabricate
them myself. The arms are fine.
Old June 22nd 05, 09:02 PM

LOL . . . yup . . . there it is. Will let you know what happens . . .

Old June 22nd 05, 09:20 PM
CDP_bayarea

I've been trying to do a few cosmetic fix-ups on a Cherokee 140 that I
bought a share of a few months ago. Sun Visors were on the list (I had
the arms but no plexiglass).

Yesterday I ordered the replacement lenses from Vantage Plane Plastics
(www.planeplastics.com/visors_rparts.asp) each lens was $69.14 (plus
shipping).

Obviously they haven't arrived yet so I can't vouch for their product &
service. But they are the only people I found to sell the lenses
seperately from the whole assembly.

Chris Plona
N9527W at KHWD

Old June 23rd 05, 12:15 AM
john smith

Ron Natalie wrote:
I shut the canopy on one of mine and Margy did the other. Rosen wants
a lot of money for replacement blades. I'm thinking about running down
to the local plexiglass supplier and just getting stuff to fabricate
them myself. The arms are fine.

If you are going to do that, get LEXAN instead of Plexilass.
Old June 23rd 05, 03:08 AM
Matt Barrow

oups.com...

Try these guys: http://planeplastics.com/visors_rosen.asp

--
Matt
---------------------

Old June 23rd 05, 03:46 AM
RST Engineering

www.tapplastics.com

Jim

Old June 23rd 05, 12:19 PM
Jon Kraus

When I replaced the landing-light cover on our Mooney I was looking for
Lexan to use. All the home stores Lowes, Menards, Home Depot ect had
plexiglass and no Lexan.

Just where do you find sheets of Lexan? Inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks!!

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201