Big Kahunas

Old December 2nd 03, 06:08 PM
Peter Duniho

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
Whereas I think sometimes politicians, even Bush, will do something

because
they think it is the right thing to do.

You are welcome to your *opinion*. You should leave "QED" out of it, as
that implies you are stating a fact.

Old December 2nd 03, 10:01 PM
Jay Honeck

OF course, for me, her greatest qualifiaction is that Democrats are scared
sh*tless of her.

Hee hee! I wasn't with you, Don, until the very end.

NOW I get it! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 2nd 03, 10:02 PM
Tom S.

"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message

[Nice example of post-modernism follows]

No, he insisted that the person questioning him define what he meant
by his question, and then answered the precise question asked.

Care to quote the exchange?

Which
is what anybody with two brain-cells to rub together would do in that
situation -- say as little as you can possibly get away with.

Just they type we want with all that power.

Lie, steal and cheat.

How many million dollars wasted harassing the Clintons about various
real estate and options transactions, without finding *one single
thing* to even charge them with? (And never mind the chances of
*convicting*; they didn't even find enough to file charges.)

Oh, they found plenty to charge him and her with. Martha Stewart is looking
at ten years in jail for MUCH LESS than Hillary got with her cattle futures
alone.

All over less money that Haliburton pocketed from *one* bridge repair
job in Iraq, where they were awarded the contract on a 50 million
dollar bid -- in preference to a 5 million dollar bid from the local
company who had repaired that exact bridge the last time we blew it
up.

David, you integrity is absolutely pathetic.

Old December 2nd 03, 10:04 PM
Tom S.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I think dubya knows he's in trouble in the polls. If he were not having

poll
trouble, he would not have made the trip. If this were his second term,

he
would not have made the trip.

Really? It was just on NPR that if the election were held today, not only
would GW take Florida "cleanly", but he'd win the election nationally.

This poll data puts him against any Democrat currently running.

The polls right now are about where Reagan was in 1984 when he cleaned
Mondale's clock and Mondale only carried DC and his home state of Minnesota
(which he only took by about 5000 votes....about .02% margin.

Old December 2nd 03, 10:04 PM
Jay Honeck

And do you really believe that Dubya is an honest man?

I have seen nothing to indicate otherwise.

I may not agree with everything he does, but he appears to be honestly
driven by his convictions to do what he does.

And, say what you will -- I'll take THAT over a poll-driven president, any
day.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 2nd 03, 10:09 PM
Tom S.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
break the code. :-(

How?

By shutting down their access to oil and other resources.

???

What does that mean? Who is "their"?

Japan's. During the 30's, the Dutch East Indies (IIRC) was the main

source
of oil and other resources (Japan had about as many local resources as

they
do now.) They were essentially "shut out".

Ah, you mean the Japanese diplomatic code. There were good retaliatory
reasons we cut off their oil and other resources, but that's neither here
nor there.

It's exactly HERE.

I thought maybe you were talking up some secret "revisionist historian
code", or something! :-)

No, it's part of history, even if ignored my many in the mainstream.

A history text can only cover so much; what's important is that crucial
issues be covered, not whitewashed.

A good example from last week was the 40th Anniversary of JFK's
assassination. What's conveniently left out is that JFK's approval numbers
were below 30% and it was likely he was going to be a one-termer. Legend has
it that it was the reason LBJ "intervened"; he did not want to go down in
flames, never to run again.

Old December 3rd 03, 12:19 AM
C J Campbell

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
| "C J Campbell" wrote in message
| Whereas I think sometimes politicians, even Bush, will do something
| because
| they think it is the right thing to do.
|
| You are welcome to your *opinion*. You should leave "QED" out of it, as
| that implies you are stating a fact.

QED: you can say anything you want on Usenet.

Old December 3rd 03, 01:04 AM
mike regish

If that truly becomes the case, I will seriously consider moving to Canada.

mike regish

"Wdtabor" wrote in message
In article 0bUyb.276099$9E1.1453263@attbi_s52, "mike regish"
writes:

His polls are slipping every day, with every soldier killed, with each

day
that goes by with no WMD. And he's still got a year to go.

Wishful thinking on your part. Third year of first term poll numbers are

always
low for the President. They were for Clinton as well, in fact, they were

much
worse for him than Bush's are now.

Right now, people are mentally comparing Bush to some ideal "West Wing"

sort of
Presidency in their minds. When he is compared to a real Democrat Dwarf

next
year, that will not be the case.

Failing some catastrophe in the economy, get used to GWB till 2008, then

Rice
for the next 8.

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL

Old December 3rd 03, 07:57 AM
R. Hubbell

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 22:04:26 GMT "Jay Honeck" wrote:

And do you really believe that Dubya is an honest man?

I have seen nothing to indicate otherwise.

Well we all have our vulnerabilities I suppose. Even his own mother had
some doubts about him. That';s rough.

I may not agree with everything he does, but he appears to be honestly
driven by his convictions to do what he does.

And, say what you will -- I'll take THAT over a poll-driven president, any
day.

I always feel actions speak louder than words, he doesn't quite get that.

I only hope that you don't have any loved ones in Iraq (or Afghanistan)
acting as targets in the name of whatever it is that's goig on there.

R. Hubbell

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA