Standing Around - Thursday_00.jpg (0/1)

Old September 14th 07, 10:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

Default Standing Around - Thursday_00.jpg (0/1)

A very quiet morning turned into a busy afternoon with quite a few
different types. Another few days like this and I'll be getting used to
this new kit. I managed to fluff quite a few passes with trying out
different settings but a few turned out OK.
Old September 14th 07, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bill newton

I think to say " a few turned out ok " is being very modest ,once again you
have given us some excellent pictures thank you for shareing them with us
regards bill

Old September 15th 07, 12:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Brian MCarron

Just one word WOW!! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. Brian
Old September 15th 07, 12:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

"MWB" wrote in message
Where are you standing to get these great shots???
Mark

I'm very tempted to say 'just behind the camera' - but I'll resist that quip
and tell you that I was on the side of a Welsh mountain.

See here..........
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...etyandAviation
/LowFlying/LFAs/LowFlyingArea07.htm
but you may have to copy and paste that long link into your browser.

Old September 15th 07, 06:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D. St-Sanvain

Hello,

RustYŠ a écrit dans :
"MWB" wrote in message
Where are you standing to get these great shots???
Mark

Nice series !

I'm very tempted to say 'just behind the camera'

Well, you seem happy to switch from Eos 10D to 40D What set of
lenses do you use there ?
- but I'll resist that quip
and tell you that I was on the side of a Welsh mountain.

See here..........
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...etyandAviation
LowFlying/LFAs/LowFlyingArea07.htm but you may have to copy and paste that
long link into your browser.

What do you think of their timetable ? Can one trust it ? I mean this
one :
http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/52C52..._timetable.pdf
or if more convenient : http://tinyurl.com/2wkqlp

As I come regularly to Great-Britain to attend some airshows held on
week-ends, I am considering staying there a whole week between two
events, for example Duxford Flying Legends and Fairford RIAT. How is
the activity during the early days of July in some places in Wales, or
west England ?
Are those spots easy to find, I mean for a first comer ? I think
Scotland is a bit far, perhaps more worth the trip ?
If I, and some friends, (we're a team of 4 old friends, attending
meetings together for years) come for some extra days, I would prefer
to wait at the good place and rest, seeing nothing, than walk and
search during hours

--
D520
Roundels of the World : http://cocardes.monde.online.fr

Old September 16th 07, 05:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Greg Farr

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:00:51 GMT, "RustYŠ" wrote:

A very quiet morning turned into a busy afternoon with quite a few
different types. Another few days like this and I'll be getting used to
this new kit. I managed to fluff quite a few passes with trying out
different settings but a few turned out OK.

Labels would be nice. Who makes these funny looking planes, England.
One looks like a old Russian type with the canard on a fighter. Do
those do anything on a fighter type plane? I know Rutan likes them.
The smaller one reminds me of an F-20 Tiger shark, the universal
Eurofigher we made, that no-one wanted. I'm putting in ear plugs now.

Greg
http://gregsplace.50megs.com
http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1
Old September 16th 07, 08:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

"Greg Farr" wrote in message

Labels would be nice. Who makes these funny looking planes, England.
One looks like a old Russian type with the canard on a fighter. Do
those do anything on a fighter type plane? I know Rutan likes them.

Thanks Greg

I do not have the time to identify all my shots that I post by their
filenames but for you and others who are not current on RAF types I would
point you in the direction of the RAF home page and especially the
equipment section here....
http://www.raf.mod.uk/equipment/mbering
Another thing that is worth remembering is that putting the aircraft serial
number into 'google' will also find you the information.

Old September 16th 07, 09:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

Hello,

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/52C52...203EB/0/olf_ti
metable.pdf
or if more convenient : http://tinyurl.com/2wkqlp

As I come regularly to Great-Britain to attend some airshows held on
week-ends, I am considering staying there a whole week between two
events, for example Duxford Flying Legends and Fairford RIAT. How is
the activity during the early days of July in some places in Wales, or
west England ?

The 10D is a fantastic camera but I will probably never touch it again now
that I have the 40D. The timetable you quote is of no value to spotters
even when aircraft are not shown on it, it can be quite busy. Any time of
the year could give you a good day but remember that both Wales and the
English mountains have a lot of rain and the rain also can fall at any time
(and does). My sac at the moment contains a 28-90, 100-200 and a 300mm.
Searching for low fly areas will find you many spots to try.

Old September 16th 07, 02:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jeff Lewis

Rusty --

I know that this is a strange request but your excellent pictures drive
me to at least ask.

It would seem that you are almost hanging on the side of a cliff and when
the planes do a left bank you almost seem to be above them. I am in awe
of your skill.

Now for my request.

Would it be possible for you in conjunction with another skilled
photographer
to stage the following shot.

Have the other photographer on the valley floor shooting up at your
position
so that we can get a feel of your position on the cliff face. Lots of
extra points for catching a plane between the lower photographer and you.

Thank you for all of your excellent pictures and the enjoyment I get from
them.

Jeff Lewis
Old September 16th 07, 04:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Proton Fox

Greg Farr wrote in
:

Labels would be nice. Who makes these funny looking planes, England.
One looks like a old Russian type with the canard on a fighter. Do
those do anything on a fighter type plane? I know Rutan likes them.
The smaller one reminds me of an F-20 Tiger shark, the universal
Eurofigher we made, that no-one wanted. I'm putting in ear plugs now.

Greg
http://gregsplace.50megs.com
http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1

Nope, the canards are just for show...

Anyways...

The cast in order of appearance:

Beech B-200 Super King Air
Lockheed C.3 Hercules
BAE Hawk T.1
Shorts Tucano T.1
Eurofighter Typhoon F2 then T1

Anyone know what are the King Airs used for in RAF service? Google
implies these were previously civil registered with a commercial
operator.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ADEX2005Grippen14.jpg (69.4 KB, 48 views)

Com Standing Wave Ratio? Jim B Owning 12 February 27th 07 08:19 AM
Standing room only ~ Is this a joke? Flyingmonk Piloting 7 April 27th 06 06:20 PM
Another CLUSTER Fu*k by Thousands Standing Around Whatdoyouexpect Instrument Flight Rules 0 March 18th 06 03:28 PM
Another CLUSTER Fu*k by Thousands Standing Around Whatdoyouexpect Piloting 0 March 18th 06 03:27 PM
American Airlines - Last one standing Larry Dighera Piloting 42 September 17th 05 04:50 AM