Non Current Private Pilot to Glider ?

Old October 31st 04, 04:52 PM
Les Ward

Default Non Current Private Pilot to Glider ?

I would like to get back into flying again after 30 yr.. Gliders, Sport,
and am wondering what are the basic steps, requirements, .
Can I benefit from my previous experience ( 250 hrs in 150, 172
,Cardinal) to save a few $$$$
Also have lost Private Certificate, and Log book. Am waiting for FAA to
respond to that issue.
Main goal to fly and have fun safely of course, on Retirement income.
Soon to be 65, and in good health. Live on the Island of Kauai with
limited flying resources.
Any one else in this situation?

Aloha , Les Ward

Old November 1st 04, 07:06 PM
Hal

I did the same thing two years ago. The FAA will have a record of
your license. You can view it on-line
http://registry.faa.gov/amquery.asp. Ask for a copy if you do not
have it anymore. Cost to get a glider rating is a lot less if you
already have your power license but varies depending on instructor and
your skill. Good luck, lot of fun!

Les Ward wrote in message ...
I would like to get back into flying again after 30 yr.. Gliders, Sport,
and am wondering what are the basic steps, requirements, .
Can I benefit from my previous experience ( 250 hrs in 150, 172
,Cardinal) to save a few $$$$
Also have lost Private Certificate, and Log book. Am waiting for FAA to
respond to that issue.
Main goal to fly and have fun safely of course, on Retirement income.
Soon to be 65, and in good health. Live on the Island of Kauai with
limited flying resources.
Any one else in this situation?

Aloha , Les Ward

Diamond DA-40 with G-1000 pirep C J Campbell Piloting 114 July 22nd 04 05:40 PM
Private Pilot Ground School at 47N john price Aviation Marketplace 0 September 9th 03 12:25 PM
FAA Judy Ruprecht Soaring 51 August 25th 03 07:56 PM
Private Pilot Glider Rating Requirements John Soaring 8 August 21st 03 01:09 AM